Senior Epidemiologist - Europe
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
We are currently seeking a Senior Epidemiologist for our Real World & Late Phase Business Unit to be based in Europe.
The Senior Epidemiologist provides scientific expertise, organizational infrastructure and business development sup-port for Real World and Late Phase (RWLP); delivers feasibility and study design support; authors publications for RWLP; leads study design development and provides scientific and analytic oversight for project deliverables.
- Provides strategic input from a scientific perspective as a member of the RWLP team.
- Serves as an expert and scientific resource to staff and senior management as necessary, within one or more scientific areas and maintains such expertise.
- Maintains a familiarity with clinical and epidemiological practice guidelines, clinical research models, protocol designs, real world research development trends, and regulatory expectations.
- Provides feasibility analysis to determine whether a study of the client’s issue/problem is feasible. If the study is feasible, proposes the study design, develops the proposal and budget, and as required acts as consultant to or supports project management for the implementation and conduct of the study from a scientific perspec-tive, including protocol writing and authorship of publications (interim/final study reports, scientific abstracts and publications).
- Responsible for contributing to the continued building of organizational capacity, improvement of scientific and operational processes and methodologies for non-traditional site management tasks (i.e., remote or cen-tral monitoring approaches, minimized regulatory document collection, etc.), integrated RWLP technology solutions, and RWLP Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) development and maintenance.
- Works hand-in-hand with RWLP management, business development, and operations personnel to develop and win global business opportunities; helps to lead the development and delivery of project proposals, bid defenses, and represents capabilities presentations.
- Works collaboratively across the organization to help deliver business opportunities in the area of post mar-keting safety commitments and/or risk management.
- Develops abstracts, posters and podium presentations, contributes to articles, manuscripts, etc. in industry and peer-reviewed journals to promote Company services.
Requires graduate degree in Epidemiology or Statistics with 8 years of epidemiological experience or (preferred) Doctorate with 4-6 years epidemiological experience, plus clinical development experience. Knowledge of the CRO industry and familiarity with post-marketing and late phase study designs as well as relevant guidelines preferred. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), email, and voicemail. Basic knowledge of statistical programming language required. Excellent verbal/written communication skills. Demonstrated leadership and technical
skills. Above average attention to detail, accuracy, organizational, interpersonal, and team-oriented skills. Ability to perform several tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.