Staff Accountant (Hungary)
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Staff Accountant maintains accurate accounting records in compliance with US and local (as applicable) Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and performs required financial controls and analysis.
List of responsibilities:
- Contributes to the accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year end close by meeting deadlines.
- Ensures your financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted global policies and procedures as well as in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles in the United States (US GAAP) and local GAAP (as applicable).
- Ensures compliance with process control narratives to meet Sarbanes-Oxley Internal Controls objectives and maintains appropriate process documentation. Alerts management to any discrepancies between written processes and current procedures, so that written procedures can be updated.
- Prepares detailed journal entries, performs account reconciliations, and supporting schedules to the general ledger accounts as well as other controls required to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Investigates and resolves accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Obtains and maintains a thorough understanding of the general ledger structure and assists in maintaining Oracle systems to manage the general ledger and sub ledgers as requested.
- Prepares audit deliverables and inquiries.
- BS/BA degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior accounting experience.
- Certified Public Accountant or qualified membership of a professional accountancy body equivalent a plus.
- Experience in working in an internationally oriented organization and moderately knowledgeable in US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience working with large Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- Oracle Financial experience is preferred.
- Effective documentation and interpersonal skills with a team-oriented approach.
- Strong work ethics, professional attitude and reliable.
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), email and voice mail.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Why Syneos Health?
Join a game-changing company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies, INC Research and inVentiv Health, we bring together more than 22,000 clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get biopharmaceutical therapies into the hands of patients who need them most. Evolve in a global company that is always looking for ways to work smarter and more efficiently as the only fully integrated Biopharmaceutical Accelerator. You'll be supported with comprehensive resources based on today's emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge - instead of practices from the past. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment to over-deliver and outperform. A career with Syneos Health means your everyday work improves patients’ lives around the world.