Sr. Site Contracts Specialist
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
At Syneos Health we appreciate the importance of having experts dedicated to the set up stages of the studies, and for this reason we have a devoted Study Start Up team with departments focused upon Site Identification and Feasibility, Site Contracts, Ethics and Regulatory and Patient Recruitment.
As a member of our Study Start Up team you will traverse all therapeutic areas and phases, providing your expertise at this vital period of time in the study. This expertise at this critical time has resulted in the average study start up time four weeks faster than industry standard.
We are currently looking to strengthen our Ethics and Regulatory department in The Netherlands and are seeking an experienced Sr. Site Contracts Specialist. In this role you can be working from our Amsterdam office with a beautiful view or work from home with regular visits to the office.
The main responsibilities of the Sr. Site Contracts Specialist are:
- Oversees administration and negotiation processes for complex site contracts that support projects within Clinical Operations on a global scale.
- Ensures site contract documentation is in compliance with sponsor and Company requirements.
- Identifies project and/or individual site contract related problems and works with internal and external team members to provide and implement solutions.
- Serves as technical expert across all Site Contracts functions.
- Trains and mentors site contracts staff and proactively identifies ways to improve internal project operations.
- Establishes strong working relationships with customer and internal project teams.
- May lead internal team education or process improvement initiatives.
The essential functions in this role are:
- Negotiates and prepares contracts, budgets, and related documents for participation in industry-sponsored clinical trials. Reviews contracts for completeness and accuracy, and ensures that corrections are appropriately made and documented.
- Anticipates risk/benefit issues, assists with remedial action plans, and troubleshoots to resolve any concerns.
- Administers all contract management processes, including coordination with relevant protocol, informed consent, institution, investigator, vendor, consultant, and customer agreement documents at a project level.
- Assists Contract Managers or other site contracts staff with the active project management of ongoing contract issues; performs follow-up on all outstanding contract issues.
- Generates amended documents as necessary, preparing contract management documentation for projects, and streamlining the contract/proposal or internal processes; initiates and introduces creative ideas and solutions.
- Creates and maintains document status reports and updates department team members on a regular basis and ensures appropriate documentation is maintained for all exceptions.
- Collaborates with internal and external legal, finance, and clinical operations departments including communicating and explaining legal and budgetary issues for contract management tasks and issues.
- Facilitates the execution of contracts by company signatories.
- Supports the maintenance of contract templates and site specific files and databases.
- Serves as communication liaison between site contracts staff and internal and external customers. Provides functional guidance and keeps internal and external teams aware of all contract statuses or pending issues. Prepares correspondence as necessary.
We are looking for new, enthusiastic colleagues with the following:
- BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Clinical research, contracts, or related experience that includes working in a team-oriented environment preferred.
- Fluency in Dutch and English
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite, email, and voicemail.
- Strong organizational, presentation, documentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
Are you interested to join us?
You may directly apply online or reach out to one of our dedicated Benelux recruiters Eveline Wigtman or Irene Houtsma via email@example.com and we would be more than happy to speak with you.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies, INC Research and inVentiv Health, we bring together more than 24,000 clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get biopharmaceutical therapies into the hands of patients who need them most. Evolve in a global company that is always looking for ways to work smarter and more efficiently as the only fully integrated Biopharmaceutical Accelerator. You'll be supported with comprehensive resources based on today's emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge - instead of practices from the past. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment to over-deliver and outperform.
A career with Syneos Health means your everyday work improves patients’ lives around the world.