Senior Statistical Programmer - Home based - EU
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies, INC Research and inVentiv Health, we bring together more than 22,000 clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get biopharmaceutical therapies into the hands of patients who need them most. Evolve in a global company that is always looking for ways to work smarter and more efficiently as the only fully integrated Biopharmaceutical Accelerator.
You'll be supported with comprehensive resources based on today's emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge - instead of practices from the past. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment to over-deliver and outperform. A career with Syneos Health means your everyday work improves patients’ lives around the world.
Here at Syneos Health we are currently recruiting for a Senior or Principal Statistical Programmer to join one of our client dedicated partnerships or Full Service teams in EMEA. This role will mainly focus on statistical analysis and data handling.
- Act as the core project team lead to coordinate and manage all statistical programming activities.
- Serve as the lead programmer to design and specify the overall approach to a project’s programming tasks.
- Provide statistical programming liaison to clients and input for Statistical Analysis Plans.
- Create and maintain programming tracking documentation.
- Create, test, and maintain SAS programs for clinical studies.
- Generate summary tables, data listings, graphs and derived datasets as specified in the statistical analysis plan.
- Generate outputs and reports to support other departments.
- Perform validation on computer-generated output to verify accuracy.
- Develop utility SAS macros for use in project programs.
- Performing validation on standard SAS macros.
- Transfer of deliverables.
- Following departmental SOPs, OGs, and relevant regulatory guidelines (e.g. ICH).
The ideal candidate will need the following experience / skills to be considered:
• Undergraduate Degree, preferably in a scientific or statistical discipline
• In lieu of degree, either community college diploma with initial programming experience or SAS certified programmers
• Extensive experience with SAS programming in a relevant clinical trial environment as demonstrated by the ability to lead multiple complex and/or global projects with teams of statistical programmers
• Ability and skill in mentoring more junior staff
• Proven ability to meet deadlines
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal skills, both written and spoken, with an ability to inform, influence, convince, and persuade
We have a comprehensive benefits package and offer highly competitive remuneration.