Principal Statistical Programmer - Home based - EU
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
The position is responsible for performing all SAS programming tasks required to support the conduct, statistical analysis and reporting of projects, and acts as the lead statistical programmer on multiple complex projects, providing leadership and technical expertise. Responsibilities:
- Act as the core project team lead to coordinate and manage all statistical programming activities.
- Serve as the lead programmer to design and specify the overall approach to a project’s programming tasks.
- Provide statistical programming liaison to clients and input for Statistical Analysis Plans.
- Create and maintain programming tracking documentation.
- Create, test, and maintain SAS programs for clinical studies.
- Generate summary tables, data listings, graphs and derived datasets as specified in the statistical analysis plan.
- Generate outputs and reports to support other departments.
- Perform validation on computer-generated output to verify accuracy.
- Develop utility SAS macros for use in project programs.
- Performing validation on standard SAS macros.
- Transfer of deliverables.
- Following departmental SOPs, OGs, and relevant regulatory guidelines (e.g. ICH).
The ideal candidate will need the following experience / skills to be considered:
- Undergraduate Degree, preferably in a scientific or statistical discipline
- In lieu of degree, either community college diploma with two (2) years of programming experience or SAS certified programmers
- Extensive experience with SAS programming in a relevant clinical trial environment as demonstrated by the ability to lead multiple complex and/or global projects with teams of statistical programmers
- Ability and skill in mentoring more junior staff
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal skills, both written and spoken, with an ability to inform, influence, convince, and persuade
- Above average attention to detail, accuracy, and organizational, interpersonal, and team-oriented skills.
- Ability to perform several tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines preferred.