Business Planning & Implementation Manager
- Experience Level
At AstraZeneca, we believe in the potential of our people and we'll develop you beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us. As a Business Planning & Implementation Manager in the Oncology Business Unit, you'll play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
Luton is home to our UK Marketing Company (UKMC), responsible for the marketing of our medicines in the UK. Here you'll also find colleagues from AstraZeneca's corporate functions and our European and International regions' sales and marketing teams. As a member of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI), all of our sales, marketing and communications activities are subject to the ABPI Code of Practice. If you're inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do - join us.
Main Duties And Responsibilities
Reporting to the Oncology Business Unit Head, you will work closely to support the effective management of the agenda and prioritization of Oncology Business Unit (OBU) activities & resources, while providing sound commercial judgment to multiple projects, influencing their strategic direction, prioritisation and resource allocation.
In addition, you will responsible for business planning leadership across all Franchises working with the OBU Head and Franchise Heads / Oncology leadership team, to drive effective governance, coordination and efficiency, supporting the OBU Head for the key cross-functional projects, driving Oncology Leadership Team meeting agendas and delivery.
These responsibilities and accountabilities will include:
- Integrate and lead the overall OBU Planning Calendar for driving effective governance
- Ensure a consistent and timely approach to operational planning across OBU
- Work with OBU Head, Oncology Medical Affairs Head & Franchise Heads to define robust business processes and review to strengthen execution and delivery of results.
- Accountable for an integration of the OBU, Franchise & Functional agendas and aligning them to OBU Strategy and Score Card
- Optimize the interactions across OBU / UKMC Leadership teams to drive consistency and synergies in implementing the OBU priorities and initiatives
- Support the OBU Head in ensuring a strategic allocation of resources and efforts to drive business results across Franchises
- Continuously monitor & support Implementation of plans & performance across Franchises
- Responsible for the delivery of systems and business processes that enable the OBU teams to be successful
- Accountable for the delivery of operational projects and innovation initiatives aimed at strengthening core business capabilities
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- A thorough understanding of the business process and the necessary commercial touch points
- An understanding of general business and core marketing principles and application to future healthcare market challenges
- Broad commercial experience
- Strong strategic thinking, judgmental and influencing skills, to influence stakeholders to ensure strong commercial focus
- Strong leadership attributes to set direction, generate commitment, balance short and long term needs, constructively resolve issues
- Proven commercial track record: focus, resource deployment
- Evidence of developing compelling business cases
- Evidence of analysis and communication of complex messages to senior stakeholders
- Analytical ability enabling the interpretation of multiple sources
- Sufficient understanding of technical risks and the implications for the commercial aspects to future brands
- Sufficient understanding of key marketing skillsets
- A relevant technical degree
- Cross therapy area knowledge
- Broader experience gained working in different functions
- Exposure to decision-making bodies and financial business case metrics