- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
New opportunity with my client for an NPD Specialist to join the team.
New Product Development / Existing Product Development:
• Develop and set up manufacturing and formulation specifications for each of the company products and private label products.
• Work alongside contract manufacturers in achieving NPD and product enhancement targets
• Identify new product ideas, drive and manage the concept development for NEW VetIQ products
• Conduct a market analysis of key competitors’ ranges to determine opportunities.
• Work with stakeholders to complete product trials and samples for customers
• Arrange palatability testing on medicinal and treat products for monadic and comparison testing (versus competitors)
• Sourcing and supply of novel functional food ingredients (natural ingredients, preservatives, palatants etc)
Regulatory Affairs duties and responsibilities will include;
• Assure full compliance of ingredients, formulas and packaging materials with laws and regulations in countries where they are sold
• Manage and improve regulatory processes, ensuring efficient, accurate and timely delivery of technical documentation to international customers
• Issue mandatory labelling for products and approve final artwork and text for product packaging to ensure it meets or exceeds regulatory requirements.
• Regular monitoring of activities in assigned markets; determine current and expected regulatory status of new ingredients, packaging materials and additives; research interpretations regarding the safety and acceptability of products and ingredients and assure that SRA databases are up to date and contain the best current information
• Participate on project teams; anticipate regulatory issues and work with legal counsel, consultants, suppliers, trade associations and other external partners to clarify and resolve any issues
• Assist with the preparation and submission of documentation to regulatory agencies and other external bodies; respond to regulatory inquiries, substantiate and approve claims and gain approval of new ingredients
• Develop relationships with international customers to facilitate continued/improved business relationship
• Representation and influence at Industry Associations and Government bodies, bring knowledge of future regulatory changes to the team
• Responsible for the generation and release of all export documentation for shipments and product registration
• Preparation of technical support material product dossiers and technical sales sheets
• Support role for all patent submissions and renewals
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical area, such as nutrition, food science, biology, chemistry or pharmacology required
• 5+ years of experience in regulatory affairs with food products
• Organized approach with a strong technical aptitude
• Specific knowledge on NA labelling, food additive and packaging material compliance, and claims regulations.
• Enthusiastic, self-starter with good initiative and a proactive approach to work.
• PC literate with a high level of proficiency using of Microsoft Office suite of products
Salary offered is commensurate with the role and will reflect the talent and experience of the successful candidate.
For full details and job spec contact Tina @ +353 1 2784671 or email email@example.com
www.thornshaw.com – a CPL group company