- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
We currently have a number of exciting Maintenance Supervisor positions available with our client, a leading Dublin-based pharmaceutical company.
These are full-time, permanent opportunities available on the Technical Production Support Team, reporting into the Maintenance Manager.
This role will focus primarily on supporting the filling and packing areas and supporting the day-to-day running of the Topical Packaging Business Unit (TPBU).
As Maintenance Supervisor you will provide leadership for the maintenance team, be involved in continuous improvement projects and troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Set and deliver challenging targets for performance metrics including downtime, schedule adherence, routing adherence and deviations.
• Identify improvements in the work area. Implement best practice systems for improving performance against performance metrics. This will include identifying key areas of downtime and putting corrective actions in place.
• Ensure CAPAs, Deviations and Change Controls are raised and followed through in accordance with the LQT system.
• Comply with Health & Safety, Environmental, cGMP regulations and company standards. Lead by example and ensure that all work is to the highest standard and in compliance with all requirements i.e. Company standards, FDA, cGMP, etc.
• Provide direction, guidance and leadership to the technicians within the Business Unit including planning their work.
• Integrate production and maintenance activities where possible and encourage and develop a cohesive, outcome-focused, high performing and highly motivated business team.
• Support the development, design, installation and qualification of new capital equipment so that TPBU receives a standard and reliable process that requires the minimum of support resources. Monitor and control the acquisition of new equipment and ensure that equipment types are standardised as much as possible.
• Provide validation documentation for any process changes made to the plan.
• Use the Maintenance Management System (PEMAC) to carry out routine work and to record breakdown work associate with equipment. Review reports from PEMAC and ensure that the preventive maintenance being carried out is relevant and performed in full and on time. Ensure that in the event of breakdown that remedial work is expedited and that follow-up actions are taken to prevent reoccurrence.
• Attend training and further education programs where appropriate.
• Deal with all industrial relation issues in so far as possible at a local level and promote good industrial relations in the execution of the job.
• Ensure that Technical Production Support Manager and the Business Unit Managers are kept informed of significant developments within the area.
Desired skills and qualifications:
• A third level qualification (degree or higher) in Engineering or Science.
• A minimum of five years’ experience in a maintenance supervision role in a multi-national manufacturing organisation is essential.
• Possess an excellent cross functional and collaborative style and technical acumen.
• Strong problem solving, communication and stakeholder management skills enable desired for building strong relationships in a complex and diversified organisation.
• Demonstrate courage to address difficult issues and stand your ground when it is necessary.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please call Tina on +353 1 2784671 or email email@example.com
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com