Global Studies Manager - Neuroscience
- Experience Level
Our client is a pioneer in Drug Discovery and Development. As the world`s largest R&D spender in the pharmaceutical domain, they work in a vast number of drug discovery & therapeutic areas and are highly recognized internationally. A leader in the field of manufacturing and selling of several drugs with treatment of Cancer. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Global Studies Manager for a contract position to be based in Basel, Switzerland.
As a Global Studies Manager you will provide operational expertise and leadership to one or more cross-functional global Study Management Teams and ensure the timely and efficient delivery of all operational aspects of one or more studies through all phases and stages in accordance with the appropriate quality standards including ICH/GCP and applicable regulations.
As an ideal candidate you should have 3+ years of experience as a Global Studies Manager in device management, preferably in Neuroscience.
- Provides direction and leadership to one or more global Study Management Teams (SMTs):
- Develops operational plans including site monitoring strategies, risk mitigation strategies, trial budgets, site selection, and clinical supplies management;
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with Study Management Team (SMT) members, with particular focus on affiliate teams, external CRO and co-development partner study teams;
- Responsible for leading identification and selection of vendors; ensuring appropriate cross-functional input is incorporated into the scope of work;
- Responsible for assessing feasibility of and driving execution/adherence to protocol amendments or changes to clinical studies, across functions;
- Contributes to the development and management of the study timelines, budget, risk and quality plans:
- Ensures operational tracking tools are identified, including systems to meet the needs of the operations team and ensures reporting to the Global Studies Leader (GSL);
- Develops and manages clinical study budgets;
- Communicates variances in the budget and action plan for resolution to the GSL;
- Establishes study milestones and ensures accurate tracking and reporting of study metrics such as initial recruitment projections;
- Provides clinical operations expertise to ensure operational feasibility and delivery:
- Leads the creation of the study level patient recruitment plan and retention strategies based on feasibility data and input from the affiliate teams and consultation with the GSL and Operational Program Leader (OPL);
- Provides operational input and insight into all study related documentation (including protocol and informed consent form) and processes;
- Analyzes the feasibility data across countries with input from the affiliates and makes recommendations to the GSL for the strategic country and site distribution and patient numbers.
- Oversees forecasting of clinical/non-clinical supplies:
- Designs drug assumption and supply chain process in partnership with Drug Supplies, affiliates and GSL;
- Oversees the forecasting and management of non-clinical supplies to ensure sites have supplies to run clinical study.
- Oversees the maintenance of drug supplies and resolution of issues with input from the Drug Supplies;
- Delivers the operational elements of the study plan:
- Chairs operations team meeting and organizes investigator meetings, monitor training, CRO kick-off meetings;
- Primary contact with affiliates to maintain oversight of performance, issues, their resolution and coordinates any corrective action;
- Actively partner with Data Management and Clinical Science to oversee eCRF completion and data quality issues;
- Ensures the completion and finalization of any corrective and preventative action plans resulting from site audits;
- Coordinates responses to study questions or issues from Health Authorities;
- Provides the day-to-day operational management of CROs and vendors to ensure delivery against contracted scope of work:
- Performs ongoing vendor management including negotiation of scope of work, budgets, performance management, and issue resolution;
- Develops and supports appropriate site and CRO/vendor audit and quality plans;
- Ensures study adherence to ICH/GCP and SOPs.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant Swiss working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required;
- Life sciences degree or nursing equivalent;
- Proven clinical development experience of the operational aspects of all stages of clinical studies preferably working in a Global environment and/or including monitoring or leading affiliate teams, working with vendors and/or CROs, drug supply management and planning operational activities to achieve database lock;
- Experience in Neuroscience is highly preferred;
- At least 3+ years of experience in device management, e.g. filing experience or pivotal device studies;
- Experience of project managing operational aspects of a clinical study including development and management of timelines and budgets;
- Good knowledge of ICH GCP;
- Proven ability to successfully achieve results within a multi-cultural and geographically diverse team;
- Experience of working as part of a large team and leading small study or functional teams, with a proven ability to be an active member of the team and motivate and lead a small team to deliver against commitments;
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills demonstrated by an ability to present clear instruction/direction to teams at the same level in the organization and influence at higher levels in the organization;
- Fluency in English.