Senior Scientist, Analytical (Mat Cover 12 months)
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Oxford BioMedica is a pioneer of gene and cell therapy and our work is helping to deliver life changing treatments.
Gene and cell therapy is the treatment of disease by the delivery of therapeutic DNA into a patient’s cells, providing long term and potentially curative treatments for a wide range of diseases. With the potential to transform medicine, the sector holds significant promise with the first commercial products now launched and others rapidly approaching the market.
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Scientist, for a 12 month maternity cover, to join our Analytical Development Group. The purpose of this role is to assist in the development and implementation of new analytical methods and techniques as required by the platform and their subsequent validation and qualification for application within a GLP environment. You will also support and supervise other members of the Group as needed to aid in meeting group objectives.
The responsibilities of the role are:
- Assist in the development and implementation of new analytical methods and techniques as required by the platform
- Leading investigative, pre-validation, validation and qualification projects for assays as part of the Analytical Development Group for GMP and to support GLP/GCP activities where necessary.
- Troubleshooting of analytical assays alongside the Analytical Services Group.
- Writing and reviewing technical documents including study documentation, SOPs etc.
- Coordinating validation activities for internal projects as well as for external partners/collaborators.
- Independently manage daily research activities and support junior members of staff.
To succeed, you will have:
- Degree or PhD in an associated subject
- Experience in analytical assay development - qPCR, Immuno-assays
- HPLC, Flow Cytometry or tissue culture would be advantageous
- GLP / GMP experience would be an advantage
- DoE or Statistics experience would be a plus
Your personal attributes will include:
- Credible and confident communicator (written & verbal) at all levels.
- Ability to work accurately in a busy and demanding environment, adhering to deadlines/timescales
- Self-motivated with the ability to work proactively using own initiative.
- Committed to learning and development.
- Attention to detail – Conscientious
- Well organised and follows up on actions
No agencies please