Accounts Payable Specialist I performs accounts payable operating procedures and processes to ensure accurate, timely, and complete processing of all accounts payable transactions as well as coding to the general ledger.
- Enforces policies and procedures related to accounts payable, purchasing, and travel and entertainment expense. Ensures proper approvals and account coding are included on all payments to be processed.
- Audits, approves, and request corrections of employee expense reports as needed.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail, including mail received via the shared mailboxes.
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms.
- Processes manual check requests.
- Matches invoices to checks and distribute checks accordingly.
- Maintains supplier data by setting up new suppliers, adding new pay sites, inactivating unused sites, updating ACH/EFT data.
- Response to vendor, auditors, and internal customer inquiries.
- Reconciles vendor statements, researches, and corrects discrepancies.
- Assists in month end closing.
- Maintains files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Comply with process controls outlined in narratives to meet Sarbanes-Oxley internal controls objectives. Alert management to any discrepancies between written processes and current procedures, so that written procedures can be updated.
- High school diploma or equivalent, college courses in accounting preferred, plus basic accounting experience, preferably within a CRO or pharmaceutical environment.
- Moderate knowledge of techniques in accounts payable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), voice mail and related accounting packages; with Oracle Financial experience preferred.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment is essential.
- Effective presentation, documentation and interpersonal skills with a team-oriented approach.
- Able to communicate effectively with internal and external parties and resolve issues diplomatically.
- Strong work ethics, professional attitude and reliability.
- Strong problem solving skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills.
Why Syneos Health?
Join a game-changing company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies, INC Research and inVentiv Health, we bring together more than 22,000 clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get biopharmaceutical therapies into the hands of patients who need them most. Evolve in a global company that is always looking for ways to work smarter and more efficiently as the only fully integrated Biopharmaceutical Accelerator. You'll be supported with comprehensive resources based on today's emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge - instead of practices from the past. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment to over-deliver and outperform. A career with Syneos Health means your everyday work improves patients’ lives around the world.