Medical Science Liaison - NE Germany
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
A vacancy as a Medical Science Liaison - NE Germany has arisen at a multinational pharmaceutical company that specialises in developing life-transforming therapies for patients with severe and life-threatening diseases. The organisation develops innovative therapies. This position will be field based, covering a territory of North East Germany.
- Develop and continuously maintain the highest scientific and medical expertise in the field of neurology, and adjacent specialties, especially in areas which affect the company.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of and appropriately implement current local pharmaceutical regulation in conjunction with Regulatory Affairs and ensure implementation of company policies and procedures.
- Attend appropriate national and international meetings and congresses for personal education and engagement and scientific exchange with the medical and scientific community.
- Support the development and drive implementation of a local Medical Affairs Plan and strategy, to support best clinical practice and the overall corporate objectives.
- Ensure that accurate and comprehensive scientific information concerning our products is available to decision makers and healthcare providers.
- Work closely with the affiliate leadership to identify and address staff training needs. Conduct and provide medical leadership to training programs for the commercial teams and other functions.
- Coordinate the timely and appropriate response to internal and external Medical Information enquiries, utilising global medical information resources and in line with local regulatory requirements
- Drive the identification, development, and alignment with Key Opinion Leaders, other important customers and stakeholders, including professional organisations.
- Deliver quality medical education presentations in a variety of settings and obtain valuable feedback that can be disseminated throughout the organization e.g. Staff Meetings, Round Tables, Hospital Meeting activities.
- Ensure timely and informative scientific/medical exchanges with external customers and internal partners, which accurately reflect scientific data, in accordance with compliance policies and procedures as well as with legal and ethical standards.
- Support the implementation of medical affairs practices to assess new indications, the treating community, patient pathways, diagnostic practices, and management strategies in relevant disease areas.
- In conjunction with EMEAC clinical operations support clinical study feasibility and effective study implementation and on-going management of company sponsored trials, including disease registries.
- Act as a point of contact for investigator sponsored research projects.
- Support medical education programs mainly on a regional and occasionally on a national level: Identify speakers, discuss scientific content with speakers, review slides in order to ensure compliance with policies, laws and regulations.
Skills and Requirements:
- Relevant scientific degree essential.
- Minimum 3 years Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical field experience preferably in the orphan area.
- Fluent in German and English both spoken and written.
- Prior experience as either an MSL or sound experience in scientific sales a must.
- Proven track record of relationship development in the industry.
- Proven ability and experience to present complex scientific data.
- Previous experience in an Orphan or Ultra-Orphan environment a distinct advantage.
- Experience within Neurology would be ideal.
- Prior exposure to complex matrix organizations or experience working as part of a virtual team is a plus.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Terence Au at +44 203 861 8605 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical Staffing is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.