- Experience Level
- Entry level
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Responsible for performing a variety of duties within a manufacturing environment. This includes to carry out the manufacture and test of analytical and preparative liquid chromatography columns at the Church Stretton facility. Following Standard Operating Procedures ensuring products are manufactured efficiently, within the production schedule and to the high level of quality expected by our customers.
- Manufacture and test of both standard and non-standard columns, adjusting conditions as appropriate to deliver against schedule and production metrics
- Maintaining the organisation and cleanliness of the laboratory area including the removal of waste from the laboratory
- Regular liaison with supply chain and manufacturing teams to ensure plans and priorities are correctly aligned to satisfy our customers
- Perform basic maintenance and calibrations of manufacturing owned hardware
- Retain accurate records in the database, perform routine trend analysis and review of the production processes and provide feedback and observations to the supervisor or engineering team.
- Support team and site projects/initiatives to improve site performance and our capability to serve our customers
- Promote and participate in a positive and open reporting culture to work in a manner compliant to EH&S and Quality guidelines
- Contribute ideas and participate in Continuous Improvement projects across site
- Maintenance of personal training record, documenting training given on trainee's record.
- May require some higher education or specialized training/certification, or equivalent combination of education and experience. However, we provide full training.
- Ability to accurately follow work instructions, record work information and carry out tasks in a diligent manner
- Communicate open and effectively within the work team and with other departments, groups and individuals
- Team work skills -- share ideas, assist colleagues unprompted and always be prepared to have open, constructive dialogue
- A proactive attitude and a willingness to learn new skills and adapt to new working methods
- Driven to identify and implement improvement opportunities
- Act as a trainer of less experienced staff.
- Ability to work to the highest standards to ensure EH&S and Quality criteria are always upheld
Agilent is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status or any other protected categories under all applicable laws
More searches like this
- Manufacturing Up to £20,000 Full Time Permanent jobs in Church Stretton
- Production Up to £20,000 Full Time Permanent jobs in Church Stretton
- R & D Up to £20,000 Full Time Permanent jobs in Church Stretton
- Biochemistry Up to £20,000 Full Time Permanent jobs in Church Stretton
- Biology Up to £20,000 Full Time Permanent jobs in Church Stretton