Group Leader (Process Analytics)
- Experience Level
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Here at Lonza we have an exciting opening for an experienced Group Leader to join us on site in Slough on a full time, permanent basis.
The successful applicant for this position will be joining an established team within Process Analytics at Lonza.
Process Analytics provide rapid analytical support for process development for cell line selection and forward processing decisions using standard and automated assay platforms. The role is a desk based position and would suit an established supervisor with substantial experience in Assay Validation and Evaluation.
This is a mid-level position where BSc or PhD in relevant scientific / technical discipline and significant experience of analytical sciences covering a range of analytical assays including, but not limited to, HPLC ( High-performance liquid chromatography), CE SDS (Capillary electrophoresis sodium dodecyl sulfate), IEF (isoelectric focusing), ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay), is required.
- Manage more junior members of the department who may be performing more diverse activities
- Maintenance of resource schedule for direct reports
- Performance management for direct reports
- Accountable for ensuring that direct reports are appropriately trained
- Accountable for execution and delivery of Customer projects as required
- Encourage professional and personal development of direct reports
- Contribute to the day to day running of the department
- Deliver an element of departmental strategy
- Lead problem solving / lessons learned activities
- Accountable for Customer proposals (technical content and mandays)
- Relevant subject or similar means of demonstrating ability and a good level of applicable leadership experience.
- BSc or more in a life science type subject.
- Preferably hands-on experience with biological or biochemical analytical techniques relevant to biopharmaceutical industry
- Assay evaluation/validation experience
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.