Technical Support Scientist , Manufacturing, Science & Technology (MSAT) - 1 year Fixed Term...
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Due to significant growth and expansion of Lonza’s Slough manufacturing operations and Lonza’s global centre of excellence in process development, we are recruiting for a Technical Support Scientist to join the Manufacturing, Science and Technology (MSAT) organization on a one year fixed term basis in order to support the commercial process validation activities.
In this role, you will be providing ongoing support and technical analysis of complex process data, trending and reporting using Lonza’s internal data systems. In this role you will be supporting continuous process verification (CPV) regulatory requirements, and it will involve working cross functionally within operations, QA and external customers to complete these activities.
- Responsible for the design, construction and on-going maintenance of a process database using the DataMart software for the recording of on going and historical GMP data from batch records working with external global Statistics SME’s to align functionality and adopt Lonza’s best practice
- responsible for the compliance of the database with regards data integrity working with manufacturing QA and MSAT management
- Training GMP operations personnel in the data entry procedures from batch records into the DataMart system working with Quality Assurance
- Responsible for MSAT technical process data analysis developing expertise in the use of the DataMart and Statistica software training others in data management
- Support commercialisation and process validation activities through generation of analytical queries using the statistical software package
- Use the database/software to generate statistical process control charts of critical process parameters for SME analysis and interpretation to identify process and compliance improvements
- BSc in science related disciplines or similar
- Experience working within biologics GMP/Manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience in using SQL or other programming languages, and a keen interest in systems OR prior experience working with systems, data, and data analysis within a technical environment.
- Analytical minded, and happy to work with large data sets – comfortable using a wide range of systems
- Strong interpersonal skills are required with ability to work cross functionally with internal and external customers
- Ability to understand customer needs and translate into a technical platform fit for use.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.