Sales Manager UK and Ireland, Professional Hygiene & Home and Personal Care
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Do you want to help us as we shape the future of this great organization? Job Description Summary
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Manager UK and Ireland for Lonza's Professional Hygiene & Home and Personal Care businesses:
Professional Hygiene: Lonza is a global leader for registered biocides, preservatives and antimicrobial formulations for use in disinfectants, sanitizers, institutional and household cleaning products. We provide customers access to our registered formulations in the form of active materials or finished products. This service is complimented by excellent technical and regulatory support, to help our customers meet the needs of an ever-evolving global market pace.
Our Home and Personal Care segment supplies a wide array of hair and skin-care products, with strong knowledge and capabilities in biotechnology-derived active ingredients, preservatives for use in certified natural and organic products, specialty esters and functional ingredients and is a world-leading supplier of active anti-dandruff agents.
The Sales Manager will maintain and develop relationships with current customers and represent business offerings to prospective customers, most of which are regionally strategic. You will manage the UK and Ireland territory supporting business team objectives for accounts, applications, channels, and markets.
This role will be mainly home-based and therefore we are looking for a self-motivated, proactive and passionate individual to join our team and be successful in this autonomous role. If you have the ability to share your passion with your stakeholders and customers, can share business services with proven success in closing deals then we love to hear from you.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Experience gained in the Professional Hygiene (Disinfection for Food & Beverage, Healthcare, I&I and Veterinary) or Home and Personal Care (preservation, hair care, skin care) industry.
- Profound knowledge of Professional Hygiene or Home & Personal Care markets throughout UK / Ireland will ensure your success in this role and afford you the opportunity to use your knowledge in understanding competitive markets of this industry.
- Ideally you will have a BSc or MSc in Chemistry or related subject area
In order to be successful in your application, we also look for you to have:
- Strategic Thinking; Ability to systematically solves problems and hypothesizes possible customer pain points, expectations, and implicit needs, brainstorm with colleagues and stakeholders to devise solutions to solve complex deal challenges and interpret and meet business needs.
- Communication; you will have significant communication skills with the experience and capability of communicating customer’s needs with authority, effectively delivered via presentations.
- Interpersonal Influence; Uses rational and emotional drivers that would appeal to customers to comfortably drive negotiation conversations to successfully gain new business and maintain fruitful ongoing customer relations.
- Networking; proven success in identifying the right customers with ability to build connections quickly, drive consensus for deals and work cooperatively with a wide range of internal stakeholders for business success.
- Ownership and leadership; the tenacity to take ownership and drive completion and results in line with business strategy. Ability to interpret and understand needs of business from overall strategy of the organisation.