Principal Statistical Programmer (Paris - Office based)
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
As member of the either the FSP or PBS (Project Based Services) dept, and reporting to the Global Head of Statistical Programming or to the local manager (Director / Associate Director of statistical programming), the main responsibilities of the Principal Statistical Programmer will be to:
- Provide leadership in promoting communication and adequate information flow to motivate, encourage and align people with the company's strategic objectives.
- Lead, or contribute to, statistical programming activities on BDM projects (development or QC of deliverables):
- delivering exemplary performance and solving complex technical problems to inspire other programmers,
- ensuring an efficient collaboration with BDM teams in Europe and India,
- being accountable for the quality, traceability, reproducibility and timeliness of statistical programming deliverables,
- being accountable for overall client satisfaction with these deliverables,
- maintaining a detailed project and validation plan,
- efficiently communicating with internal and external clients,
- and ensuring budget monitoring and adherence
- Ensure the statistical programming systems, processes and deliverables are aligned with the relevant regulatory requirements, for instance:
- Clinical study reporting, e.g. ICH E3
- Electronic records handling, e.g. Chapter 21 of the US Code of Federal Regulation - Part 11
- Electronic submission of clinical data to agencies, e.g. e-CTD guidance and CDISC SDTM and ADaM standards
- Provide input into, and mentor statistical programmers to provide input into documents produced by other functions (e.g. biostatisticians, data managers, medical writers…)
- Understand, follow and ensure adherence to all BDM SOPs as well as any other relevant SOPs.
- Keep abreast of current and new statistical programming techniques and other applicable technical advancements while assisting in their implementation
- When needed, interact with regulatory agencies regarding specifications for electronic submissions, and direct/develop statistical programming electronic submission deliverables.
Occasionally, responsibilities will also include to:
- Contribute to the development of a strong team of statistical programmers in the US, by functionally managing local programmers with respect to statistical programming strategy, deliverables, processes, and professional development
- Contribute to budget evaluation for proposal writing purpose.
- Lead, or contribute to, the design of new statistical programming processes or optimization of existing ones to reach the best productivity, to ensure the best quality of the statistical outputs, and to reach the best customer satisfaction (internally and externally) with flexibility, reliability and responsiveness.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum Education: BSc or equivalent with research experience, and/or MS (in a numerate discipline preferably in Statistics, Computer Science, or Mathematics)
- Minimum Work Requirements:
- Preferably at least 7 years of experience in biostatistics or statistical programming activities in the Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology industry in clinical development
- Consistent experience as a lead statistical programmer on several concurrent projects
- Proficient in SAS
- Strong knowledge of CDISC ADaM and SDTM.
- Strong understanding of drug development, including knowledge of interfaces and interdependencies with other functions.
- Strong knowledge of relevant regulatory and data submission guidelines..
- Strong project management skills
- Fluent in English (French and/or German is a plus)
- Ability to work effectively in international teams, effectively operates within a matrix organization and with multi-disciplinary groups, excellent team player with strong interpersonal skills contributing to building the team spirit
- Ability to rapidly understand and anticipate the needs of internal and external customers, and respond to their inquiries
- Ability to organize team work and prioritize and balance concurrent tasks and responsibilities. Excellent time management skills
- Ability to educate internal and external interfaces (providers and customers) on the statistical programming processes, and the underlying regulatory requirements
- Strong mentoring skills
Apply for Principal Statistical Programmer (Paris - Office based)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Data Management / Statistics Unavailable Full Time Permanent jobs in Paris
- Biostatistics Unavailable Full Time Permanent jobs in Paris
- Clinical Data Management Unavailable Full Time Permanent jobs in Paris
- SAS Programming Unavailable Full Time Permanent jobs in Paris
- Statistical Programming Unavailable Full Time Permanent jobs in Paris