- Experience Level
- Entry level
Do you want to help us as we shape the future of this great organization? Job Description Summary
Sample Coordinator (Laboratory Services) - Slough
We are currently recruiting for a fantastic new opportunity for Sample Coordinator to join our fabulous team in Slough!
Lonza is a Swiss multinational, chemicals and Biotechnology Company with major facilities in Europe, North America and South Asia. We encourage our employees to challenge themselves and we offer an environment that fosters creativity and success.
As a Sample Coordinator you will proactively manage and coordinate the receipt, storage, inventory, shipping, disposal and life cycle of Critical Reagent, samples and manufacturing batch material. This role will involve 5 days shift work and weekend working. You will be able to choose from two working schedules Tuesday – Saturday or Sunday – Thursday.
- Receipt and processing of manufacturing batches
- Inventory storage management for critical reagents, in process samples, manufacturing batches and controlled material.
- Coordination of shipments of Critical Reagents, material and samples with delivery to the shipping department.
- Registration of Critical Reagents
- Coordination of distribution, stock issuing and reconciliation with all Slough site buildings.
- Co-ordination of critical reagent disposal / shipping to customer.
- Maintenance of the cold storage facilities where material is stored, liaising with the Equipment Specialist for annual service and re-qualification activities.
- Assisting the sample co-ordination team to implement improved and consistent sample management services to all departments and buildings.
- Maintaining the highest standards in the workplace to include Safety, GMP Compliance, LSO adherence, iComply, housekeeping and inspection readiness
Key skills and experience required:
- Experience working within a laboratory environment
- Previous experience in similar role is highly desirable
- Knowledge of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) is desirable but not mandatory
- Good time management and organisational skills with ability to effectively plan and complete assigned tasks
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proactive nature and a desire to learn
What can we offer you?
- An opportunity to work for a global yet growing business that puts it employees first.
- A competitive salary with an attractive package including bonus, private healthcare, and pension.
If you would like to join our fabulous analytical team of experts get in touch to hear more about this fantastic new role!Lonza. The place to Go, Stay and Grow.