Statistical Programmer III
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
- Statistical Programmer III required to work for Covance
- Excellent opportunities to progress
- Varied, fast past environment
- Office based in Leeds, Yorkshire, UK or work from home anywhere in Europe
- Candidates must have experience of working as a Statistical Programmer within a Biotech, CRO or Pharma company within Europe
Join our growing team and discover your extraordinary potential by working as a Covance Statistical Programmer III within our Early Phase (Phases I & II) statistical programming department. As a Level II Statistical Programmer at Covance you will be responsible for providing SAS programming support in terms of SDTM and ADaM datasets and tables, figures and listings (TFLs) for reports. You will also assume the role of Lead Programmer for allocated studies as well as providing guidance, mentoring, training and feedback to Statistical programmers.
Working within early phase statistical programming we offer, in a word, variety…
In the type of studies: PK, Bioequivalence, Metabolism, Dose Escalation etc. and Sponsors
- In Early Phase we are not assigned for years to the same study, so you will be exposed to multiple studies for clients with different needs as well as working with talented internal colleagues
Job Primary Functions
- Responsible for the production of SDTM and/or ADaM datasets to the required specification
- Produce Define.XML/PDFs, aCRFs and Reviewers Guide to support SDTM and ADaM deliverables
- Read-in and reconcile electronic data with the CRF
- Develop SAS programmable edit checks to assist in data review as needed
- QC datasets, defines, aCRF and Reviewers Guide to ensure their accuracy and meet the client specifications and documented appropriately in JIRA
- Responsible for the production of data tables, figures and listings (TFLs) to the required specification for clinical, PK and PD reports in SAS
- QC TFLs to ensure their accuracy and meet the client specifications and documented appropriately
- Produce PK merge / EDT file
- Take on responsibility for studies to ensure the datasets and/or TFLs and associated documents are completed in a timely manner and to the required specification
- Responsible for timely data transfer to and from clients in both production and developmental roles
- Interact with clients on SAS programming matters
- Review and comment on the Statistical Analysis Plan and TFL shells
- Take on responsibility for program of studies to ensure the SAS outputs and associated documentation are consistent across studies and ensure Programmers are trained in client specific requirements
- Answer QA audits in an accurate and timely manner
- Provide guidance, mentoring, training and feedback for members of the department in SAS processes and programming techniques
- Provide departmental training where appropriate
- As a Lead Programmer attend and contribute at all study meetings
- Liaise with supervisor to ensure that studies are scheduled into the department schedule
- Liaise with external and internal clients as required with regard to requirements for SAS deliverables and attend client meetings where required
- Liaise with study team to ensure targets and timelines are achieved
- Perform ad-hoc programming in response to unscheduled requests
- Contribute at department meetings, presenting SAS coding items to the rest of the department
We're looking for Programmers ideally educated to degree level: especially interested in a computing, mathematical, statistical subject, or Life Science.
You should be able to demonstrate a robust and comprehensive expertise working as a SAS Programmer in the clinical research industry, either at a Pharma company or a CRO; and an understanding of the fundamental principles of programming, program development and review.
Show evidence of and experience of leading studies and performing peer review of others work and/or dual programming.
You must be fluent in English language (both verbal and written).
If you're looking for a role in a fast-paced environment leading multiple studies for key clients then Covance is the place for you!
PLEASE NOTE CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FULFIL THE CRITERIA MAY NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
MORE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please phone Peter Lewis on +44 (0) 1628 543 457. To apply, please click on the APPLY button.
As the drug development business of LabCorp and the world’s most comprehensive drug development service company, we have helped pharmaceutical and biotech companies develop 100% of the top 50 prescription drugs in the marketplace today. Because of our broad experience and specialized expertise, we’re in a unique position to supply insights that go above and beyond testing. Together with our clients, we create solutions that transform potential into reality. For more information on Covance please visit: www.covance.com.
Statistical Programmer III, Level III Statistical programmer, Senior Statistical Programmer, Covance, Statistical programming, Covance, Early Phase, Phase 1, Phase I, Phase One, Phase II, Phases 2, Phase Two, Programmer Analyst, Stats Programmer, Senior, Statistical Programmer, Lead, SAS Programmer, CDISC, ADaM, SDTM, Biostatistics, Senior Statistician, Statistician, Biostatistician, Statistics, Study Biostatistician, pharma, pharmaceutical, SAS, STAT, home based, pharma, pharmaceutical, office based, office-based, home-based, flexible working, flexible location, home based, field based, home based EU Anywhere, anywhere in Europe, field-based, United Kingdom, UK, Great Britain, England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Ukraine, Leeds, West Yorkshire, Bradford, Huddersfield, Manchester.
More searches like this
- Data Management / Statistics Unavailable Full Time Permanent jobs in Greater Manchester
- SAS Programming Unavailable Full Time Permanent jobs in Greater Manchester
- Statistical Programming Unavailable Full Time Permanent jobs in Greater Manchester
- Information Technology Unavailable Full Time Permanent jobs in Greater Manchester
- Programming Unavailable Full Time Permanent jobs in Greater Manchester