Senior Manager, Business Development - Pharma
- Experience Level
- Responsible for identifying, evaluating and negotiating business development opportunities to strengthen our product portfolio and research and development pipeline in accordance with our corporate and therapeutic area strategies. Also responsible for developing and fostering relationships with partners.
- To screen, identify and evaluate new business development opportunities
- To arrange and meet with new companies and those met at conferences (if a second meeting required)
- To perform the initial technical assessment and have the ability to progress to Confidentiality Agreement (CA) level.
- To have CA signed with new companies or those met at conferences
- To conduct in-depth technical and scientific evaluation of selected business opportunities under the CA to identify key scientific/commercial issues.
- To draft non-binding term sheets and to negotiate the terms with possible partners.
- To identify the key negotiation points in definitive agreements and to take lead of the discussion with the Group Companies and to summarise our counter proposals.
- Develop and foster relationships with partners with which partnership has been formed.
Qualifications / education required
- Science Degree
- Five years’ experience in Research and Development area, plus further five years‘ experience in Business Development identifying, evaluating and negotiating potential business development opportunities.
- Experience of having accomplished business development transactions from ideation to execution of transaction.
- Experience of conducting product evaluation from scientific and commercial points of view.
- Excellent understanding of the development pathway and lifecycle of pharmaceutical products and a thorough understanding of the clinical development and regulatory framework for licensed medicines, particularly in the UK and Europe.
- Broad network with pharma and biotech companies, venture capitalists, scientific organizations and academia.
More searches like this
- Sales / Commercial £100,000 or more Full Time Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Account Management £100,000 or more Full Time Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Business Analytics £100,000 or more Full Time Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Business Development £100,000 or more Full Time Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Commercial Management £100,000 or more Full Time Permanent jobs in London (Greater)