- Experience Level
Worldwide Clinical Trials’ Contracts and Proposals Development Pricing team is hiring Strategic Proposal Managers/Senior Managers. This is a remote (home-based) role to be located in the EU and prior CRO experience is strongly preferred.
We’re Worldwide Clinical Trials, the Uncommon CRO. Founded by physicians dedicated to advancing medical science and built on an unwavering commitment to operational excellence, we strategically balance science, medicine, operations, and commercial intelligence to achieve successful drug development. Combining therapeutic expertise – most notably in Neuroscience, Cardiovascular, Immune-Mediated Inflammatory Disorders, Oncology and Rare Disease – with proactive insights and rigorous operations, we successfully manage clinical trials across more than 60 countries.
Role: Works with cross-functional contributors to develop high quality and compelling pricing solutions that are aligned with operational strategy and technical approach. Primarily responsible for RFPs and supplemental documents for single or multiple service/region clinical development protocols or programs. Ensures all pricing solutions align appropriately with the operational strategy and are completed within appropriate timelines and quality standards
- Respond to RFPs and RFIs, develop bids for proposals, statements of work, presentations and other materials that support the Business Development organization.
- Review and challenge input from SMEs to ensure pricing strategy is fit for purpose and compliments the overall operational delivery strategy.
- Review and maintain pricing metrics to ensure cross-therapeutic consistency.
- Develop proposal-specific commercial strategies for approval by pricing leadership.
- Work with Account Directors, Clinical and Operational teams to integrate pricing solutions into complete proposals and statements of work.
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, implementation, reviews and approvals.
- Act as focal point for collection of pricing information from various sources. Work with SMEs to gather information and customize pricing solutions.
- Respond to routine and non-routine inquiries in a timely and professional manner. Obtain assistance to resolve complex inquiries, for growth and development.
- Sr. Manager: Provide budget tool and pricing training and mentoring for new team members as needed.
- Sr. Manager: Provide budget tool training to internal stakeholders which may include business development and operational personnel as required.
- Other duties as requested or assigned by supervisor.
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Comprehensive understanding of the proposal development process, contract deliverables, budgeting and the overall business organization and functional areas, and commercial strategy, preferred but not required.
- Ability to compose summaries of complex data for presentation to executive team in strategic review meetings.
- Sr. Manager-level: Proven leadership skills in a matrixed environment; proven ability to effectively influence executive/c- suite team members relative to contribution to client deliverables.
- Sr. Manager-level: Knowledge of the CRO/Pharmaceutical industry, knowledge of sales support activities as well as a strong understanding of study design, project management, and operational requirements for successful study implementation.
- Sr. Manager-level: Outstanding pricing skills and ability to compose summaries for the completion of clinical development programs and program/ project-specific strategic overviews.
- Excellent analytical skills, oral and written communications, strong attention to detail, prioritization and time management proficiencies.
- Strong interpersonal skills in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, and changing environment.
- Excellent ability to handle multiple tasks and many details in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently.
- Excellent self-motivation skills.
- Proficiency in all MS-Office applications with moderate-to-advanced experience in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent customer relationship management skills and strong commercial acumen.
- Ability to work in a high pressure/ time-sensitive environment including the ability to handle multiple issues on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational agility, negotiation skills, and demonstrated drive for results.
- Proven ability to build peer relationships and effective teams with demonstrated global and cultural awareness.
- Manager-level: Minimum one (1) years’ experience in CRO/Pharmaceutical industry or experience in a financial or analytical role with transferable experience and skill sets as outline within.
- Sr. Manager-level: Minimum three (3) years’ experience in CRO/Pharmaceutical industry or similar preferred.
- Must process the ability to comprehend advanced operational/ financial practices and develop an in-depth analysis and complex processes and procedures.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.