Software Test Lead
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Within the fast-paced, high-performance Genomics Software R&D team we are developing and deploying novel product offerings that help advance human health and fight cancer. You'll discover who we are -- inventors, scientists, engineers, and visionaries working together to deliver the products and services that enable our customers to answer significant biological and clinical questions.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a highly motivated Software Test Lead to join our team of Bioinformatics, Software and Dev Ops Experts based at our Ghent, Belgium site.
Agilent Technologies is developing a range of innovative, cloud-based software products for analysis and interpretation of genetic data generated by its test kits. As a member of the software development team located in Ghent, you will participate in the following activities:
- Coordinate software verification: create & execute protocols, scripts and reports; Ensuring traceability across requirements, test cases and defects.
- Identification and documentation of defects, quality issues and test failures, working closely with the software development and bioinformatics team to analyze, debug and resolve any issues.
- Maintain and build out a testing infrastructure, improve upon test execution, coverage, automation and other test related activities.
- Act as single point of contact and lead local and off-site verification/test team members.
- Participate in regular team meetings to track progress of software & bioinformatics application development and verification and discuss implementation and quality issues.
- Support the procedures as defined in the Agilent Quality Management System and Information Security Management System.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Bioinformatics or similar by experience.
- Relevant experience in software testing and verification.
- Passionate about software quality.
- You feel confident in leading and executing formal software verification activities and have several years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills.
- You are able to work autonomously but also feel confident leading (remote) test teams.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills at a technical level and communicate fluently in English.
Considered a plus:
- Knowledge of ISO 13485, IEC 62304 and/or ISO 27001 standards.
- Experience with creating test methods, designing test strategies and test automation for web applications (e.g., Selenium, Protractor, JMeter or equivalent).
- Experience with cloud environments (AWS), continuous integration (e.g. Bamboo & Jenkins) and versioning tools (e.g. Git & BitBucket)
- Understanding of Agile principles and mindset.
- Experience with Bioinformatics and Next Generation Sequencing data analysis.
- Training and development opportunities
- A commitment to work/life balance
- Total Compensation Package including medical and dental benefits, retirement programs and more
- A company with values around innovation and contribution, uncompromising integrity, trust, respect and teamwork, speed, focus, and accountability
More searches like this
- Manufacturing £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Belgium
- Production £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Belgium
- R & D £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Belgium
- Biochemistry £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Belgium
- Biology £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Belgium