Senior Clinical Research Associate
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
The Senior Clinical Research Associate I (SCRA I) will perform monitoring and site management activities for pharmaceutical clients, acting as primary site contact and site manager throughout all phases of a clinical research study, taking overall responsibility of allocated sites.
• Develops strong site relationships and ensures continuity of site relationships through all phases of the trial.
• Performs clinical study site management/monitoring activities in compliance with ICH-GCP, Sponsor SOPs, Local Laws & Regulations, Protocol, Site Monitoring Plan and associated documents.
• Gains an in-depth understanding of the study protocol and related procedures.
• Coordinates & manages various tasks in collaboration with other sponsor roles to achieve Site Ready.
• Participates & provides inputs on site selection and validation activities.
• Performs remote and on-site monitoring & oversight activities using various tools to ensure:1) Data generated at site are complete, accurate and unbiased, 2) Subjects’ right, safety and well-being are protected.
• Conducts site visits including but not limited to validation visits, initiation visits, monitoring visits, close-out visits and records clear, comprehensive and accurate visit & non-visit contact reports appropriately in a timely manner.
• Collects, reviews, and monitors required regulatory documentation for study start-up, study maintenance and study close-out.
• Communicates with Investigators and site staff on issues related to protocol conduct,
recruitment, retention, protocol deviations, regulatory documentation, site audits/inspections and overall site performance.
• Identifies, assesses and resolves site performance, quality or compliance problems and escalates per defined CRA Escalation Pathway as appropriate in collaboration with CRM, PLM and RCPM.
• Manages and maintains information and documentation in CTMS, eTMF and various other systems as appropriate and per timelines.
• Contributes strongly to CRA team knowledge by acting as process Subject Matter Expert (SME), sharing best practices, making recommendations for continuous improvement and providing training as appropriate/required.
• Supports and/or leads audit/inspection activities as needed
• Mentors / buddies junior CRAs on process/study requirements and performs co-monitoring visits where appropriate.
- B.A./B.S. required with strong emphasis in science and/or biology
- At least 4 years of direct site monitoring experience in a biopharmaceutical or pharmaceutical company or contract research organisation.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 65%-75% of working time. Expected travelling ~2-3 days/week.
- Current driver’s license.
- Fluent in Turkish and English (verbal and written) and excellent communication skills, including the ability to understand and present technical information effectively.
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of clinical research, phases of clinical trials, current GCP/ICH & country clinical research law & guidelines.
- Excellent understanding of Global, Country/Regional Clinical Research Guidelines and ability to work within these guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor/lead
- Hands on knowledge of Good Documentation Practices
- Proven Skills in Site Management including independent management of site performance and patient recruitment
- Demonstrated high level of monitoring skill with independent professional judgment.
- Good IT skills (Use of MS office, use of various clinical IT applications on computer, tablet and mobile devices) and ability to adapt to new IT applications on various devices.
- Ability to understand and analyze data/metrics and act appropriately
Behavioural Competency Expectations:
- Effective time management, organizational and interpersonal skills, conflict management, problem solving skills
- Able to work highly independently across multiple protocols, sites and therapy areas.
- High sense of accountability / urgency. Ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a changing environment.
- Works effectively in a matrix multicultural environment. Ability to establish and maintain culturally sensitive working relationships.
- Demonstrates commitment to Customer focus.
- Works with high quality and compliance mindset.
Why Syneos Health?
Join a game-changing company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies, INC Research and inVentiv Health, we bring together more than 22,000 clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get biopharmaceutical therapies into the hands of patients who need them most. Evolve in a global company that is always looking for ways to work smarter and more efficiently as the only fully integrated Biopharmaceutical Accelerator. You'll be supported with comprehensive resources based on today's emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge - instead of practices from the past. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment to over-deliver and outperform. A career with Syneos Health means your everyday work improves patients’ lives around the world.