- Experience Level
Your new employer is Covance Inc., the drug development business of LabCorp®, is the world’s most comprehensive drug development company, dedicated to advancing healthcare and delivering Solutions Made Real®. Our unique perspectives, built from decades of scientific expertise and precision delivery of the largest volume of drug development data in the world, along with our innovative technology solutions, help our clients identify new approaches and anticipate tomorrow’s challenges as they evolve.
Covance is seeking a Physician Associate to join the Clinical Pharmacology Services Team within the European Centre of Excellence in the heart of Leeds, West Yorkshire. Your new position is a full-time permanent position and you will provide an information service and knowledge base on the clinical aspects of clinical trials. In addition, you may act as a sub-investigator.
Your main responsibilities will include but not be restricted to:
- Perform physical examinations/medical histories, and other participant assessments as delegated by the Medical Director.
- Interact with regulatory bodies as are relevant to the operations department.
- Assume responsibility as Technical Advisor to the clinical teams and other departments within Clinical Pharmacology.
- Maintain and further develop facilities and processes relevant to operations.
- May perform clinical feasibility review of new proposals.
- Oversee and direct the development/implementation of quality systems to ensure good clinical practices are maintained.
- Ensure compliance with FDA/GCP/ICH regulations.
- Perform routine study activities as needed.
- May assist operations and client managers with Sponsor visits and interactions as appropriate.
- Ensure safe working practices/environment is employed and maintained.
- Recommend changes as necessary and justify them in accordance with company policy.
- Attend investigator meetings as appropriate.
- Serve as an educational resource and instructor/trainer for staff.
Skills and Experience Required for this Role
- UK: Post Graduate Diploma/MSc Physician Associate Studies or equivalent
- Previous experience working as a Physician Assistant/Associate would be beneficial
Apply for Physician Associate
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly