Core Practice Lead for our Quantitative Strategies & Data Science inStrategic Consulting.
- Experience Level
Cytel is seeking a seasoned Reporting to the VP, Strategic Consulting, you will be responsible for the profit and loss (P&L) of the Practice and for providing the strategic vision, tactical execution and leadership necessary to drive accelerated demand, market share and revenue growth. The Practice Lead serves as domain expert for presenting and interfacing with pharmaceutical, biotech and device clients.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Assumes overall responsibility for the Quantitative Strategies & Data Science Core Practice, providing the vision and leadership to create, identify and leverage new business opportunities by identifying emerging customer needs and formulating appropriate solutions to meet revenue, profitability and customer satisfaction objectives.
- Provides strategic advice on client projects, collaborating with an integrated team of Strategic Consultants and Analysts across practice lines to define optimal regulatory, clinical and/or health economic pathways. Adapts precedent and develops innovative solutions impartially selecting and combining traditional and novel approaches.
- Coordinates with other Practice Leads, Analyst Line Managers, Lead Consultants and the Partnership Lead to allocate Internal and Network Consultants and Analysts to Strategic Consulting projects as required.
- Builds, manages and mentors a strong, proactive team of quantitative consultants and analysts, ensuring team utilization and margin objectives are met and the right ratio of junior to senior level consultants and analysts work as an integrated team on client projects. This includes hiring and training consultants and analysts to conduct specific activities across multiple customer sectors and practice lines.
- Leverages and broadens Cytel’s reputation for thought leadership and innovative services. This includes developing and demonstrating thought leadership in statistical methodology for clinical development, ensuring that Cytel remains at the leading edge and raising Cytel brand awareness and recognition throughout the industry.
- Ensures company and business unit policies, standards, and procedures are met.
- The position requires regular travel, substantial direct contact with senior management and executives at prospects and existing clients, and the ability to build and leverage strong interpersonal business relationships both internally and externally to Cytel, and develop long term partnerships with customer organizations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven ability to manage a P&L, with a thorough understanding of financial reporting, general project management, and accounting principles.
- Thorough understanding of the biopharmaceutical R&D process in combination with solid business acumen and an appreciation of the broader business issues.
- Proven management skills with the ability to build, mentor and motivate a strong Practice Line.
- Smart with strong grammatical/technical-writing, oral communication and presentation skills, excellent use of the English language and nuanced communicator.
- Collaborative, entrepreneurial and self-motivated, without the need for significant infrastructure and support, and with an understanding of the dynamics of high-growth companies; the ability to work effectively in a demanding, challenging, rapidly changing environment.
- Existing network of client relationships and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to gain respect of and influence management team, board members, the customer and prospect communities, and personnel at all levels.
- Demonstrated understanding of the customer decision-making processes and constraints, with proven ability to develop and capture transformational opportunities.
- Strategic thinker with a global orientation, strong problem-solving and analytical skills, and the ability to execute in complex situations at the tactical level.
- Experience, vision, creativity, scope, integrity, leadership skills, prestige and intellect to enhance the existing organization and constructively contribute to the strategic direction of Cytel.
Minimum of a Masters in Mathematics, Biostatistics or a related field; MBA, MD or advanced degree highly desirable; at least 15 years
Apply for Core Practice Lead for our Quantitative Strategies & Data Science inStrategic Consulting.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly