Associate Key Account Director - Real-World Insights (RWI)
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
IQVIA™ Real-World Insights (RWI) teams work with clients to help them collect and use real-world data to generate evidence to meet the needs of regulators, payers, providers and patients. Our approach is unique in the industry and is defining the way companies can develop and apply real-world evidence to provide deeper insight about market dynamics, therapy area changes, outcomes research and other scientific insights. We are collaborative, intellectually curious, entrepreneurial, and constantly looking for opportunities to harness the value of real-world evidence in a constantly evolving industry.
We seek experienced, consultative sales professionals to serve as RWI customer relationship manager and strategic business partner responsible for developing and expanding new business opportunities with customers. Our customers include small to large pharmaceutical and medical device companies. Our primary clients within those customers include Medical Affairs, HEOR, Therapeutic Franchises and Procurement. The Associate Key Account Director will drive solution development to meet client business issues. Help IQVIA™ develop and deliver market leading solutions and capabilities. Establish, grow and manage long-term and profitable relationships.
- Actively prospect and leverage potential new business opportunities within specified potential new and/or existing accounts.
- Establish and execute a comprehensive sales plan for each target account.
- Cultivate strong, long-term relationships with key decision-makers within accounts and develop deep knowledge of the customer organization.
- Gain an understanding of competitive activities, positioning and pricing, which include specific reasons for awards and non-awards.
- Analyze potential opportunities and develop sales strategies for each customer account. Ensure appropriate strategy/solution is proposed to customer. Monitor actions and results against plans.
- Communicate with internal delivery and operational leads to assess overall level of customer satisfaction and progress of projects.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of all IQVIA™ services for appropriate cross-sell opportunities.
- Work with cross-functional sales and support teams to prepare and lead client interactions and sales presentations. Educate team participants in customer culture, operational needs/methods and sales techniques needed to close the sale.
- Manage and assist in the preparation RFI/RFP responses.
- Utilize CRM and other sales tracking tools to maintain business development and sales activities and track progress.
- Communicate all account activity to Senior Sales Leader and/or appropriate individuals through the opportunity tracking systems.
- Support sales by attending trade shows and industry conferences.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be a superior and successful sales person, have excellent presentation and writing skills, act with a sense of urgency, and be able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Must have successful experience identifying and closing new business opportunities and developing positive relationships at all levels of client management and within QuintilesIMS sales, consulting and marketing teams.
- Must be revenue-driven, knowledgeable, consultative, a problem solver, customer focused, creative, resourceful, fast & flexible, organized, and an effective negotiator.
- Must have experience delivering against aggressive sales targets.
- Solid understanding of the principles of real world research & evidence and drug development.
- Demonstrate ability to work creatively and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities.
- Ability to influence others both internally and externally.
- Strategic business awareness and analytical skills.
- Ability to maintain demanding timelines.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree with 5 years relevant industry experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.