Editorial Team Leader
- Experience Level
Our client is seeking an Editorial Team Leader (ETL) to join their team in either Manchester or London to oversee medical writing. They are a leading healthcare communications agency with offices around the globe. This role might suit an established team leader or an ambitious principal medical writer looking to take their first steps in management.
They are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial ETL to take a lead role in the growth of the agency. You will be responsible for leading an editorial team, implementing processes and SOPs, mentoring and developing team members and reviewing writers’ work.
Our client has created a working environment that is stimulating, fun and employee-oriented. Everybody receives a structured training and development programme and this role provides plenty of opportunity for progression as the agency continues to flourish. Together with and excellent salary, you will receive benefits including pension, healthcare (family cover), bonus, 25 days holidays, season ticket loan and lots more.
- Manage and develop the editorial team by providing leadership and mentoring support
- Provide editorial, scientific and strategic expertise both internally and externally
- Maintain and develop editorial processes to ensure the quality of content produced
- Work in partnership with Client Services to ensure that materials are delivered on time, on budget and meet the clients’ aims
- Be part of the core team, contributing to company strategy, finance and business development
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Life sciences degree, ideally combined with a PhD or MSc
- Several years’ experience in a medical communications agency
- You will have well-developed scientific writing skills with the ability to target different audiences
- Experience of writing a broad range of materials over a number of therapy areas (infectious diseases or oncology would be of particular interest)
- Excellent organisational, project management and people skills
- Have a full understanding of industry regulations and guidelines underpinning medical communications activities
This is a chance to join a thriving agency and be part of their ongoing success.
ID Search & Selection has been successfully placing candidates in healthcare communications jobs for over 15 years. Along the way we’ve built many long term relationships with candidates and clients. We’re now trusted recruitment partners to many leading companies, big, small, network and independent.
Our consultants are knowledgeable and professional and will be happy to offer information and advice. We are with you every step of the way, providing a supportive and communicative service that we will tailor to your unique needs.
Jon Gawley would love to hear from you on 01932 797996.
Apply for Editorial Team Leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly