Space & Moves Projects Manager, Facilities Management.
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Be recognized for your innovation by helping us maximize our space and redevelop our site to support our fast paced growth.
Oxford Biomedica is a pioneer of gene and cell therapy and our work is helping to deliver life changing treatments.
Gene and cell therapy is the treatment of disease by the delivery of therapeutic DNA into a patient’s cells, providing long term and potentially curative treatments for a wide range of diseases. With the potential to transform medicine, the sector holds significant promise with the first commercial products now launched and others rapidly approaching the market.
Working within a complex programme of growth, refurbishment and decant as the Space and Moves expert you will be recognized for providing work-space planning for all offices areas. You will also be targeted to drive space improvement and planning initiatives with the aim of supporting growth within Oxford Biomedica as well as ensuring appropriate working environments for all activities on within the organisation.
Key Duties & Responsibilities;
- Identify and record the use of space and advising on ways to increase space utilisation
- Maintain occupancy information for buildings using HR information and local knowledge of moves and changes
- Advise the Facilities Manager and Head of Estates on matters of space planning, acting as the key lead for the development and delivery of short, medium and long-term strategies for use of space
- Assist the Facilities Manager and Head of Estates to develop strategic business cases to inform major investment decisions by senior management, such as, major refurbishments, new builds, freehold and leasehold acquisitions and disposals, re-purposing vacant spaces, etc
- Deliver the planning, mobilisation and implementation of moves activity within OXB
- Project manage office and building refurbishments and other minor works as directed by the Facilities Manager
- Work with Procurement to produce tenders for essential project services and framework contracts.
Required Education, Skills & Experience;
- Educated to degree level or equivalent level of experience in a relevant role
- Project Management qualification e.g. PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner, APM PMQ or MSP desirable
- Previous experience in a space management or space design project management role
- Has or is working towards a CAD design qualification or similar
- Has or is working towards a H&S qualification
- Working knowledge of environmental legislation
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite incl of MS Project
- Experience working in facilities and environmental services environment
- Desirable would be experience of working within a regulated scientific, laboratory or manufacturing environment.
We look forward to receiving your application
No agencies please