Engineering Maintenance Technician (Electrical)
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
We are very proud to announce that our Engineering team are now hiring for our brand new Facility “Oxbox”.
Oxford BioMedica is a pioneer of gene and cell therapy and our work is helping to deliver life changing treatments.
Oxford BioMedica is at the forefront of this exciting therapeutic area. Specifically, Oxford BioMedica and its subsidiaries have built a sector leading vector deliver platform (LentiVector™), which the Group leverages to develop products both in-house and with partners.
As a Maintenance Technician you’ll be performing all engineering activities associated with the area of responsibility, including all equipment and utility planned and reactive maintenance, calibration, quality compliance and contractor management.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- To ensure ongoing and compliant operation of all manufacturing, laboratory and office facilities
- Carry out planned preventive (PPM) and to organise the call in of outside contractors or laboratory operations
- Carry out tasks requested from the OXB jobs request data base
- Induct and manager relevant OXB contractors in ensuring they work to all OXB sites local rules
- Look for efficiencies to improve work output utilising effective time management
- Improve facility and utility performance by developing and implementing improvement ideas
- Ensure the smooth running of planned shut downs and works
- Work proactively with all other departments to facilitate engineering activities
- Work and communicate well with other team members to ensure an effective and productive department
- Escalate engineering problems which may impact on business productivity to Lead Engineers ensuring they are proactively informed.
You will need:
- Time served apprenticeship in relevant discipline or HNC/HND qualification
- Good working knowledge of building services, facilities/utilities and production equipment in a regulated environment
- Previous experience working in a pharma production/laboratory environment preferred but not essential
We look forward to receiving your application
No agencies please.