Director, Commercial Solutions/Strategic Pricing
- Experience Level
The Business Development Operations team at Worldwide Clinical Trials is hiring a Director of Commercial Solutions/Strategic Pricing to be based in the United Kingdom.
You'll support the development of global pricing across multiple regions, therapeutic areas and sponsor types. You will also partner with Business Development, Finance and Global Clinical Development teams to provide sponsors with innovative and dynamic commercial offerings.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Provides integrated pricing support across functions and therapeutic delivery units in support of customers and the targeted therapeutic areas
- Works with internal customers to translate operational strategies into cost-competitive solutions that align with customer needs
- Works with internal and external customers to create and implement traditional and non-traditional pricing/delivery alternatives, tactics and methodologies to meet customer needs
- Supports the development, implementation and maintenance of our pricing systems
- Leads discussions on business pricing/delivery strategy and direction and ensures a consistent application of our strategies across all opportunities
- Negotiates financial and business terms for contracts involving traditional and non-traditional pricing models
- Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Skills and Attributes:
- Must have experience of both traditional and non-traditional pricing models
- Ability to model and QC complex Excel solutions and design and implement large structural changes in Excel-based systems
- Knowledge of costing models and ability to analyze resourcing and vendor algorithms
- Knowledge of how pricing integrates within other processes
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills in very stressful situations with sponsors (Must have experience negotiation/influencing sponsors–internal stakeholders only is not adequate for this role.)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working in a CRO, health care consultancy or Pharmaceutical/Biotech company. Commercial strategy experience, ideally in pricing, forecasting and general commercial strategy
- Deep knowledge of CRO Industry
- Possess strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
We’re Worldwide Clinical Trials, the Uncommon CRO. Founded by physicians dedicated to advancing medical science and built on an unwavering commitment to operational excellence, we strategically balance science, medicine, operations, and commercial intelligence to achieve successful drug development. Combining therapeutic expertise – most notably in Neuroscience, Cardiovascular, Immune-Mediated Inflammatory Disorders, Oncology and Rare Disease – with proactive insights and rigorous operations, we successfully manage clinical trials across more than 60 countries.