Senior SOC engineer
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Substatial bonus - Competitive salary - Private healthcare
My client enable businesses to stay connected, whether its transporting voice or data or accessing cloud applications, they provide secure and reliable connectivity powering businesses to get on with what's important to them.
They are looking for an experienced SOC engineer to join there growing team.
Role of the SOC engineer:
The role of Security Engineer is pivotal in implementing & delivering WAN / LAN solutions and security services for our customer base and works as part of the Networking Team.
The Security Engineer will be focus predominately on the design and implementation of Security solutions and is expected to have knowledge / hands on experience of LAN, WAN and WLAN technologies.
• Actively monitor and respond to security events using fundamental tools like SIEM, DLP.
• Design, coordinate and oversee security testing procedures to verify the security of systems, networks and applications and manage the remediation of identified vulnerabilities.
• Provide security risk assessment & recommendations to projects.
• Write, maintain, and follow security documentation including technical standards, processes, procedures, and operations manuals
• Keep abreast of security advisories and alerts, information on security trends and practices, and IT implications of regional data laws and regulations.
• Manage security projects and provide expert guidance on security matters for other projects.
• Conduct security event and trend analysis to support the production of reports and statistics.
• Provide Design, Consultancy and Implementation for Security services to our LAN / WAN customers as part of the D&I team.
Requirements for SOC engineer role:
• Must hold a current / valid CCNP-Security accreditation
• Any additional certifications in WAN / LAN or WLAN technologies (desirable)
• Experience in Microsoft, Networking, DLP, SIEM are desirable
• Experience of supporting Security investigations, including responding to incidents involving malware, data loss, or network intrusion
• Have a good level of knowledge across a number of information security technologies, including hands on working knowledge
• Experience of supporting Risk Assessments using best practice risk management methodologies
• Knowledge of Cyber Security Governance frameworks & practices
• Hands on experience with stateful Firewalls (Cisco, Fortinet, Checkpoint, Palo Alto)
Competitive Salary,Substantial Bonus Opportunity, Overtime rates, Private Medical Insurance (medical, mental, optical & dental), Income Protection, Life Assurance, Holidays with option to buy or sell, Pension,