Clinical Project Manager - Early Phase - Home based (UK)
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
This position can be home based in the UK or office based in Leeds. We will consider Senior CRA’s, CTL’s and Study Start-up leads for our Phase I Project Manager roles.
- Works independently or under direction of a more Senior Project Manager or Project Director on full service Covance clinic, external clinic projects with moderate complexity and moderate to high financial value.
- May serve as program level oversight for low complexity programs.
- Communicates on a regular basis with assigned clients regarding project needs and project status.
- Anticipates clients needs.
- Facilitates and coordinates communication between client project team members and Covance project team members.
- Liaise with and lead a project team, including but not limited to Covance Site CRC, Data Management & Reporting team, CRA, external site contacts and vendors (both internal and external) regarding project specific requirements and scope.
- Serve as the escalation point for project or program issues.
- Provide feedback to line management on project team members and assist in conflict resolution as needed. Manages scope of the project by reviewing proposals and budgets, identification and submission of work scope changes against the project timelines, and on time delivery of project deliverables.
- Supports negotiations with client to ensure budget remains within contracted terms. Controls project margins and minimizes write offs. Contributes to proposal strategy, development, and may lead bid defense for assigned business development opportunities.
- Responsible for the review and assessment of ongoing hour/budget utilization throughout the course of project to ensure that the projects are meeting financial targets.
- University/college degree (life science preferred) or certification in a related allied health profession (i.e. nursing, medical or laboratory technology) from an appropriately accredited institution.
- Certified in Clinical Research – SOCRA/ACRP Certification Masters or other advanced degree.
- Relevant clinical research experience in a pharmaceutical company/CRO including demonstrated skills and competency in project management tasks.
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills. Ability to work independently. Ability to negotiate and liaise with clients in a professional manner. Ability to present to staff at all levels. Good computer skills with good working knowledge of a range of software packages. Fluent in English