Senior Medical Writer - Biotech - Publications - London, UK
- Experience Level
Proclinical is currently seeking a Publications Project Associate for its client located in London. Successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with the implementation of the Global and EU Publication Plans, the EU Medical Affairs Advisory Board Meeting Plan for rucaparib and pipeline products, and EU Patient Advocacy Group activities. In addition, this position will help coordinate EU Medical Affairs activities and relationships with key global, national, and regional thought leaders and stakeholders. Candidate will report directly to the Director of Scientific Strategy and Communications.
- Participate in the strategic and tactical development and execution of the Global and EU Publication Plans for rucaparib and pipeline products.
- Participate in Publication Team Meetings with cross-functional and cross-regional internal stakeholders; provide publication status/progress reports to the Global Publication Team.
- Interact with key investigators, external and internal authors, and other external and internal stakeholders.
- Partner with medical writing/editorial agencies to develop/manage publication timelines.
- Participate in and coordinate the drafting, review, and approval of publications, including abstracts, posters, oral presentations, primary and secondary manuscripts, review articles, editorials, and other peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Provide support at key scientific congresses and meetings.
- Maintain publication database.
- Support the EU Medical Team with necessary paperwork for EU advisory board meetings.
- Assist in the development and review of materials for advisory board meetings and similar forums for HCPs/investigators/thought leaders in the EU in collaboration with key internal stakeholders.
- Develop partnerships with patient advocacy groups; serve as point of contact with organizations; and assist with management and tracking of patient advocacy sponsorship budget.
Skills and Requirements:
- MS, PhD or PharmD (or equivalent doctoral degree) in a scientific discipline is preferred.
- 2+ years' experience in a similar or related role is required.
- Outstanding written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Detail oriented; high degree of comfort working with data, graphics, tables, and figures.
- Exceptional organizational and project planning skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to relate to and work with a wide range of individuals within and outside the organization to achieve results and desired outcomes.
- Experience with planning and managing Advisory Board Meetings and/or Investigator Forums/Summits.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, cross-functional, global environment.
- Self-starter; needs minimal direction to carry out day-to-day tasks.
- Good understanding and application of key regulatory, compliance, and legal requirements relating to publications, advisory board meetings and patient advocacy groups.
- Ability to contribute to a positive working environment by encouraging and fostering respect, innovation, collaboration, effective communication, and accountability.
- Comfort with understanding and communicating on clinical and/or scientific data to small and large teams of internal and external stakeholders.
- Expertise conducting literature searches and evaluating relevant peer-reviewed literature and congress presentations.
- Flexible; receptive to suggestions and/or changes in work products, processes, or strategic directives.
- Prior medical writing experience is preferred.
- Oncology experience and experience working in the biopharmaceutical industry is preferred.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call George Watson at (+1) 929-223-4385 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.