Network & Security Technician
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Here is a fantastic opportunity for a switched on and driven Network & Security Engineer who possesses HP/Aruba skills, who wants to develop, and join a multi-award winning IT company at a particularly busy time for the industry.
The successful candidate must have a full driving licence and own transport and be willing to travel to visit customer sites during the day. The Workload ranges from hands-on through to configuration and support with some support of the design and implementation, providing a varied role with lots of room for development. The client is willing to put employees through training and certifications.
We’re looking for a Firewall and Network Security Engineer with experience in a number of the following;
- HPE/Aruba switching skills
- Demonstrable experience supporting networks, including – Firewalls, Routers, Switches wireless networks
- Knowledge of VoIP solutions and SIP
- Experience of working in an IT support environment
- Understanding of IT infrastructures (Windows Virtual Server environments, operating systems, storage systems, backup systems and Group Policy)
- Knowledge of Data Centre Infrastructure and set up
- An understanding of ITIL framework with specific reference to incident and change management
- Incident Resolution – Troubleshoot and resolve escalated incidents using recognised IT diagnostic tools in accordance with the organisation’s IT Service Delivery policy, including meeting all relevant SLAs
- IT Security – Liaise with Line management and teams with respect to IT security issues.
- Work with IT colleagues and application owners to maintain high security standards.
- Monitoring and Alerting – Monitor and maintain, alerts for business-critical IT services/tasks
- Experience of working in pressurised environment with complex design and troubleshooting
- SonicWALL and Cisco firewalling
If this sounds like you then please get in touch via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0117 363 6007.