Associate Director - Medical Affairs
- Experience Level
I am currently seeking an associate director of medical affairs to join an ambitious, expanding , innovative CRO. The successful candidate must come from a medical background and have strong experience within oncology and rare disease clinical trials.
Location: Slough, Berkshire, United Kingdom
FTE: Full - Time
- To act as Medical Monitor for assigned trials and participate in all stages of the clinical trial development process including: feasibility assessments, protocol design, case report form design, investigational site selection, ongoing medical support and management of adverse events and serious adverse events, and generation of medical/patient narratives and clinical study reports.
- To provide therapeutic area support at all levels, including the provision of required internal training, and review of study/bid proposals. To maintain knowledge of trends and changes of importance in the medical management of indications relevant to projects.
- To assume assigned activities and support the team within Pharmacovigilance, including the review of CIOMS narratives, and to identify and communicate emergent safety aspects and trends to the clinical project teams and client.
Requirements / Skills and Experience
- MD, ideally Board Certified in Oncology, Haematology, Paediatrics or Internal Medicine.
- 3-5 years Medical Monitoring experience in a CRO.
- Phase II & III experience, Oncology experience.
- Experience with Pharmacovigilance.
- Experience with Bid Defense meetings
Planet Pharma is an American parented Employment Business/Agency that provides global staffing services with its head-quarters in Chicago and our EMEA regional office located in Central London. We have invested significantly in creating a robust international platform that enables us to work compliantly in 30+ countries with a current network of 2500+ active contractors globally as well as a very strong permanent / direct hire recruitment offering. Our specialist knowledge and close relationships with our clients and the wider industry really makes us unique in our field. Just recently we were recognised by FORBES as the 17th best professional staffing firm, and have won multiple awards from industry accredited bodies for our commitment to excellence and service delivery. We have extensive functional expertise including: Regulatory Affairs, Pharmacovigilance, QA, QC, Submissions experts, Clinical development, Quality, Biostatistics, and Medical Affairs / Writing. We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.