Oncology MSL Head - France
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
A top 10 global pharmaceutical company is currently recruiting an Oncology MSL Head. This organisation develops innovative products across multiple therapy areas including cardiovascular, oncology, and respiratory, and employs 100,000 staff globally. Based in the company's office in Paris, this position offers an exciting opportunity to work with an internationally renowned company and bolster a career in the clinical field.
- Responsibility for the MSL team in France by coordinating the tactical planning and field execution according to the medical affairs plan for France. Planning as well as selection of appropriate content in alignment with the office based medical affairs team.
- Leads thought leader development for the organization by fostering mutually productive relationships with HCPs & key decision makers across different types of healthcare organizations including: clinical research, group purchasing organizations in the areas of medical education, healthcare systems, and health technology assessment (HTA) bodies.
- Supports execution of clinical development programs with interactions with study teams and HCPs/researchers at all phases of research, assisting e.g. with protocol development, identification of experts, site selection, investigator identification.
- Conducts strategic discussions regarding research to support investigator/customer initiated studies for medical and clinical research and health economics and outcomes research (HEOR).
- Attends & participates in medical/scientific meetings & conferences for the purpose of maintaining clinical/scientific expertise & providing strategic insights into emerging scientific data & healthcare trends.
- Leads in cooperation with Medical Advisors efforts across Medical Affairs to keep abreast of latest scientific, disease state, and healthcare landscape information and uses this information to provide value to both external and internal stakeholders.
- Maintains cross-functional collaboration with internal & field teams to provide scientific expertise and functions as a scientific advisor with, Clinical Research, local MA Strategy, Commercial, Advocacy, etc.
- Leads medical scientific projects at national level.
- Provide Medical Oncology Head with regular regional updates, based on output from direct reports.
Skills and Requirements:
- Accredited doctorate degree in a life-science or basic-science discipline (Pharm.D., D.Sc., D.N.P., Ph.D., or M.D./D.O.).
- 4-5 years as an MSL/Medical Advisor and clear evidence of Oncology experience.
- A demonstrated understanding of the European and French healthcare environment, including knowledge of health technology assessments and market access challenges.
- Prior experience with commercial product launches.
- Understanding of Pharmaceutical ethics and governance, of pharmaceutical compliance policies and procedures.
- Expert public speaking and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English and French.
- Basic financial and budget management.
- Willingness to travel national extensively.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Divya Mistry at +44 20 3814 1315 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.