Field Service Engineer- Automated Solutions
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
As a Field Service Engineer you will responsible for on-site installation, implementation, maintenance and repair of company and multi-vendor systems solutions which may include hardware, software and networking products as well as operating systems.
Responsibilities includes but not limited
Installs and optimizes hardware/software/network products and configurations at customer sites. Diagnoses and resolves product performance problems.
Performs maintenance and repair services.
Ensures customer satisfaction by advising customers on preventive maintenance and configurations, which may impact product performance.
Proactively responds to potential equipment issues to prevent unplanned interruption of customers' business.
Delivers (does not design) fully integrated solutions, which may include peripherals, communications, operating systems and applications software.
Serves as an internal resource on technical issues.
May train other field engineers or customers. May calibrate equipment on-site for large volume customers.
- You have completed your degree in Biochemistry, Genomics, Mechanical or Electrical engineer chemical engineering, or in a field closely related working in a Lab with the ambition to develop technical skills which we provide.
- Practical experience with the relevant analytical instruments and systems in the field of automated device, genomic, or robotics.
- Experience with method development and working in analytical laboratories, as well as quick familiarization with complex software systems are desirable.
- You have an affinity for troubleshooting and enjoy simple and complex repairs.
- Knowledge of quality assurance systems such as GLP / GMP, their requirements and quality management systems according to ISO 9001/17025 are desirable.
- You should have IT skills (setting up and configuring networks, administering databases, knowledge of MS OS and Office), and knowledge of SAP is of advantage.
What we offer you:
The position is available as soon as possible. This is a full-time, permanent position, based in South England, UK. Travel within the assigned region will be required 100% of your time.
Agilent offers core global benefits to all staff - but in addition to these, the UK business offers:
- Agilent Result Bonus
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company activities
We will make sure you get all the training and development opportunities you need to become the best in your field.
We are looking forward your application!
The position will remain open for applications until a suitable candidate has been identified.
Connect with Agilent
Agilent Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
ⓒ Agilent Technologies, Inc. 2018
More searches like this
- Manufacturing £20,000 - £29,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Production £20,000 - £29,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- R & D £20,000 - £29,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Biochemistry £20,000 - £29,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Biology £20,000 - £29,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in London (Greater)