Project Financial Analyst
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Project Financial Analyst - Swansea, UK
Who We Are
Synteract is a global full-service contract research organization with a successful three-decade track record supporting biotechnology, medical device and pharmaceutical companies. With our mission of "Bringing Clinical Trials to Life," we provide customized Phase I through IV services internationally, offering expertise across multiple therapeutic areas including notable depth in Oncology, Neuro Degenerative Diseases, and Rare and Orphan Diseases, and in pediatric populations. Our mission is to support the innovation and development of better therapies in healthcare.
The Project Financial Analyst is the primary point of contact between Business Development, Operations and Accounting. She/he is responsible for financial aspects of assigned projects, including revenue review, project profitability, backlog reporting, change in scopes, and monthly budget health analysis. She/he will also help manage and continuously improve the internal project finance processes and reporting.
Specific tasks would include:
- Manages the month end close process: Duties to include review of timesheets, hours, revenues, costs for assigned fixed price, time and material, and unit-based projects
- Reviews and approves an accurate backlog forecast on a monthly basis
- Provides accurate and timely financial analysis to support Project Management, Operations, and the Project Finance department
- Attends monthly project review meetings to facilitate the understanding of the overall financial health on the projects: proactively identify risks and opportunities and assists Project Managers and other core team members with questions or concerns related to the project finances
- Partners with Contracts and Proposals and other key stakeholders in the RFP and project startup process
- Assists in the enhancement, globalization and optimization of the Project Finance processes, to include but not limited to: Planning, Forecasting, Trending and Profitability
- Other duties as required by the Project Finance Director
- BS/BA in Finance or Accounting, or related business field of study
- 2-5 years of progressive experience in financial analysis, planning and budgeting
- CRO or related clinical trial industry experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of accounting applying US GAAP, working knowledge of GCPs, ICH guidelines, FDA and other applicable country regulations.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, exceptional proficiency with Excel, and strong systems aptitude.
- Exceptional attention to detail, accuracy, interpersonal, and teamwork skills.
- Ability to perform several tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines is necessary.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective verbal and writing skills; English + local language
If you're passionate about bringing clinical trials to life, we encourage you to apply today! Please apply online stating your earliest start date/notice period and your desired salary. If you have any questions regarding your application please contact Antonia.Schultze@synteract.com
Synteract's policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Candidates must possess current and valid authorization to work in the country to which they are applying.