At PPD, we help our client delivers life-changing therapies that address the world's most challenging health concerns. Due to continued growth we are looking to expand our team across all areas of our GMP facility.
We hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team!
Our GMP laboratory based in Athlone, Ireland offers fully integrated solutions for product development and analytical development, including analytical testing services in method development, method validation, method transfer, release and stability studies. Our highly qualified GMP lab staff work across our 3 laboratory groups: Biopharm, Small Molecule, and Inhalation.
Athlone is one of PPD's fastest-growing laboratory locations. Due to this continued expansion, we are recruiting Analytical Chemists
to join our and Small Molecule group. Analytical chemist -
The role of Analytical Chemist is to perform a variety of complex sample preparation and analysis procedures to quantitatively measure pharmaceutical compounds and be responsible for review and compilation of results and data comparison against SOP acceptance criteria, methodology, protocol and product specifications. Key Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Key Experience
- Performs a variety of complex sample preparation and analysis procedures to quantitatively measure pharmaceutical compounds.
- Works with multiple functional groups to meet business needs.
- Sets up and maintains analytical instrumentation.
- Trains on routine operation, maintenance and theory of analytical instrumentation, SOPs and regulatory procedures and guidelines.
- Ensures QA findings are addressed appropriately.
- Communicates project status to project leader.
- Performs work assignments accurately, and in a timely and safe manner.
- Reviews, interprets, and analyses data for technical, quality and compliance to protocols, methods, SOPs, client criteria and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) or Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- Education to a Bachelors or higher level in related subjects ie; Chemistry.
- 2+ years' relevant industry experience within a GMP laboratory (with experience in the following lab testing areas HPLC, GC, MS, Dissolution testing, Karl Fischer, UV-vis, FT-IR, TOC.
The successful candidate can look forward to job stability with a leading CRO that has experienced year-on-year growth. With future expansion plans, there is the opportunity to progress in your career with PPD at our Athlone labs.
- Detailed knowledge of method validation; method development would be an advantage.
- The ability to plan, schedule and carry out work for successful project completion
- A positive attitude and ability to work well with others
- The ability to write protocols and reports with minimum supervision
- Excellent attention to detail