- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Our client is an international medical communications agency which has an opportunity for a medical writer to join their team in Cheshire.
This role will involve researching, writing and editing a range of printed and digital materials that meet the promotional and educational needs of their top 20 pharma clients. You will liaise with both internal and external stakeholders to produce patient engagement, publications and medical affairs materials on global accounts across a range of therapy areas including respiratory, oncology, neuroscience and rare diseases.
In addition to an excellent salary you will receive a package of benefits including pension, family healthcare, 22 days holiday (rising to 25), pension, bonus, season ticket loan and much more. This is a great chance to join a leading agency with all the training and progression benefits that a global organisation can offer.
- Write and edit a range of deliverables including publication manuscripts, slide kits, monographs, newsletters, meeting reports, posters etc.
- Draft and edit work in different writing styles and targeted at different audiences. On all editorial projects, incorporate feedback from editorial colleagues, project team colleagues, clients and independent clinicians.
- Proof-read all editorial work to comply with house style
- Assist with tracking and maintaining in-house references within the internal reference database system
- Coordinate with design and production teams, sourcing graphical representations, and contribute ideas for optimizing design and layout of assigned editorial projects
- Attend conferences, scientific symposia, and advisory boards and participate in on-site activities as deemed appropriate
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in life sciences, ideally combined with a Master’s or PhD
- Over a years relevant medical writing experience required gained in an agency setting
- Experience of writing a range of materials
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Multitasking and flexibility
- Team Player
- General computer literacy, proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications including PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word
This is a great chance to join a leading agency with an excellent reputation for high science and happy clients! As well as receiving bespoke training and development, you will be working in a friendly, supportive and inspiring environment.
ID Search & Selection has been successfully placing candidates in healthcare communications jobs for over 15 years. Along the way we’ve built many long term relationships with candidates and clients. We’re now trusted recruitment partners to many leading companies, big, small, network and independent.
Our consultants are knowledgeable and professional and will be happy to offer information and advice. We are with you every step of the way, providing a supportive and communicative service that we will tailor to your unique needs.
Jon Gawley would love to hear from you on 01932 797996.
Apply for Medical Writer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly