Project Finance Specialist
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Project Finance Specialist - Carlsbad, CA
Who We Are
Synteract is a global full-service contract research organization with a successful three-decade track record supporting biotechnology, medical device and pharmaceutical companies. With our mission of "Bringing Clinical Trials to Life," we provide customized Phase I through IV services internationally, offering expertise across multiple therapeutic areas including notable depth in Oncology, Neuro Degenerative Diseases, and Rare and Orphan Diseases, and in pediatric populations. Our mission is to support the innovation and development of better therapies in healthcare.
The Project Finance Specialist provides financial and logistical support to Project Finance, Operations and Accounting. He/She is responsible for financial aspects of assigned projects, including project invoicing, AR collections, vendor/subcontractor invoicing, support and reconciliations, GL account reconciliations, Project Finance Microsoft Dynamics AX system support, and general Project Finance support as required.
Specific tasks would include:
- Provides support for enterprise agreement pass through billings including contract analysis, maintenance of trackers, recording of monthly journals, and related journal entries.
- Support the global subcontract CRO invoice process including maintenance of trackers, validation of billings to contracts, and recording related entries to Microsoft Dynamics AX system.
- Responsible for global project invoicing (monthly and ad hoc) including adjustment of project transactions as required, validation of invoice support to invoice, and final submission of invoices to clients.
- Support monthly Intercompany billing process.
- Track/reconcile client incentive discounts and prepare monthly journal entry as required.
- Provide general Microsoft Dynamics AX support including worker assignments, category validations, hours adjustments and other AX help desk support when required.
- Monitors receivables for assigned projects and provide updates for bi-weekly meeting.
- Assist with year-end financial audits as well as ad-hoc requests.
- Other project financial related duties as required.
- BS/BA in Finance or Accounting, or related business field of study and a minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
- CRO or related clinical trial industry experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of accounting applying US GAAP, working knowledge of GCPs, ICH guidelines, FDA and other applicable country regulations.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, exceptional proficiency with Excel, and strong systems aptitude.
- Exceptional attention to detail, accuracy, organizational interpersonal, and teamwork skills.
- Ability to perform several tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines is necessary.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective verbal and writing skills; English + local language.
If you're passionate about bringing clinical trials to life, we encourage you to apply today!
Synteract's policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for positions with Synteract must be legally authorized to work in the country which they are applying and verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire. The Company will not sponsor applicants [to this position] for work visas.