- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Hobson Prior are looking for an Associate Scientist to join a leading biopharmaceutical company who purely concentrate on neurology and immunology. This position will be on a contract basis located in Berkshire.
- Cover various aspects of the antibody discovery and development process, including the cloning of antibody genes, antibody engineering and the generation of expression plasmids.
- In addition to molecular biology techniques, you will use cell culture to express recombinant antibodies for screening.
- Work flexibly across project teams to provide general molecular biology support, generating tool reagents and expression plasmids to ensure delivery of results against expected timelines.
- Good organisational, communication and inter-personal skills.
- Capability to work effectively within teams and deliver results to timelines.
- Proficient IT skills.
- Strong practical skills in molecular biology.
- Solid understanding of and experience in PCR, gene cloning, plasmid construction.
- Ability to analyse DNA sequences and design oligonucleotide primers.
- Knowledge of antibody biology /structure would be advantageous.
- A solid understanding of molecular biology techniques, particularly PCR and gene cloning, is essential for the role, and experience in antibody biology would be admirable.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.