NPI Project Manager - Pharmaceutical
- Experience Level
NPI Project Manager needed to join a Pharmaceutical / Cosmetics Manufacturing company based in Nottingham. This is a permanent position offering a salary of £40,000 - £50,000 per annum.
The role is accountable for the successful delivery of projects from Business award to successful product industrialisation. The role is Factory and Customer facing, being accountable for all aspects of the industrialisation phase including trials and is the decision maker in the process ensuring compliance with Facility, Health and Safety Policies. The role is responsible for the project status reporting to the Sales team and the Customer project team during the industrialisation phase. The role covers the industrialisation of all product classifications.
The role is an important part of the Manufacturing Operation to successfully industrialise projects. The role is accountable for the project by leading a cross functional project team and is the interface between the operational facility and the customer during the industrialisation phase of projects. The role is accountable for all aspects of the delivery of new projects in the industrialisation phase and is the decision maker in the process. The role is responsible for providing regular project status reports to the Sales team and to the Customer project team. The NPI Project Manager is the main point of contact for providing timely updates and responses regards the industrialisation projects. The role can have multiple projects from various Customers at any time.
- Accountable for leading a cross functional project team to successfully industrialise projects into the Operation by using effective project management and project planning skills. The role is the decision maker in the Industrialisation Process (ensuring compliance with Facility, Health and Safety Policies).
- Accountable for setting up production trials for success and/or first productions until the product is successfully industrialised. The role is accountable for ensuring all aspects of the project are available on time from system set up to replenishment orders. (e.g. Data set up in systems, BOMs, routings, Raw and Packaging Materials availability, change parts, documentation……)
- Accountable for flawless execution of project on time on budget and to the required quality from business award too successful industrialisation. ( budget includes - manufacturing hours, Line run rate, crew size, Capex, Tooling Costs and new equipment)
- Accountable for ensuring any trial reports are generated and corrective actions from the trials are implemented.
- Accountable for ensuring project reviews take place and corrective actions are completed prior to handover to the replenishment phase.
- Responsible for organising the communication with the Customer on project status as required
- Master degree in Chemistry or Packaging or equivalent desirable
- Recognised Project Management Qualification (e.g. Prince 2 Practitioner, PMI or equivalent)
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the cosmetic or pharma industry in R&D or Industrialisation
- Customer Focused and Customer relationship Management
- Financial and commercial knowledge
- Impact and influence
- Problem solving
- R&D awareness (packaging & formulation)
- Brand development awareness
- Factory Industrialisation Knowledge
- Cross functional management
- Team management & Leadership
- Process thinking & driven
- Knowledge of the cosmetic &/or pharma environment in terms of machines & products
- Strategic thinking
- Strong project management skills
- Compliance Awareness (GMP, Validation, Cosmetic Requirements and Pharma)
Please get in touch with Robbie Knight (email@example.com) if you are interested in this role.