Biomarker Operations Study Manager
- Experience Level
Hobson Prior are looking for a Biomarker Operations Study Manager to join a global pharmaceutical company who focus on researching and developing novel medicines and marketing them once they have been developed.
- Ensures the timely and efficient delivery of all biomarker operational aspects of one or more studies within the Oncology Therapeutic Area through all phases (phase 1b-IV) supported by Pharma Development.
- Delivers biomarker operational expertise and guidance to one or more cross-functional global Study Management Teams.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with SMT members.
- Accountable for planning, coordinating, and overseeing all operational activities required to manage the lifecycle of biomarker samples.
- Accountable for collaborating closely with biomarker scientists and Biomarker Operations Program Leaders to execute biomarker operational strategies, serving as a single point of contact for biomarker operations on multiple SMTs, and with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manages the development and oversight of the biomarker analysis timelines, budget, risk and quality plans.
- Provides clinical biomarker operations expertise to ensure operational feasibility and delivery.
- Delivers the operational elements of the biomarker management plan.
- Provides the day-to-day operational management of biomarker vendors to ensure delivery against contracted scope of work.
- Recognises areas of best practice and process improvements; may lead or be a representative on functional groups goals, initiatives and work-streams.
- Ensures study and biomarker operational adherence to ICH/GCP and SOP.
- Critical reasoning skills including the identification and resolution of complex problems.
- Professional interpersonal skills, excellent oral/written communication and influencing skills.
- Proven leadership skills, ability to successfully achieve results within a multi-cultural and geographically diverse team.
- Creates team culture and promotes team spirit.
- Life sciences degree (Bachelor or Masters) in Scientific, Medical or Healthcare subject area required.
- Further qualification, e.g. PhD and/or project management certification is admirable.
- Minimum of 3+ years related professional experience in a clinical research setting, clinical/diagnostic laboratory, or pharmaceutical/biotechnology R&D environment.
- Extensive clinical development experience with evidence of working in teams running clinical studies
- Clinical or biological laboratory experience with evidence of involvement in the processing and/or analysis of biological samples.
- Project management skills and global Vendor Management experience is preferred.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.