- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Hobson Prior are looking for an Associate Scientist to join a leading biopharmaceutical company who purely concentrate on neurology and immunology. This position will be on a contract basis located in Slough.
- Complete upstream process development experiments for the development of new manufacturing processes and the improvement of existing processes at lab and pilot scale.
- Provide traceable records of lab work, experimental design and report writing (e.g. Batch records, lab notebooks, protocols, reports).
- Contribute to the development of new technologies within the USP team and where possible contribute to the development of intellectual property.
- Trend and examine laboratory data and present results to line manager, USP team and at internal meetings as appropriate.
- Help determine process limits as part of process understanding, characterisation and validation studies.
- Support reviewing, writing and updating internal procedures and documents.
- Participate in the maintenance and housekeeping of a safe laboratory working environment, including contribution to writing and reviewing HSE risk assessments related to USP activities.
- Promote a good interface with other BTS teams by providing updates of work and project progress to technical teams and project meetings as required.
- Offer technical expertise in upstream processing for internal customers.
- Able to develop a high level of capability in designing and performing process development experiments as well as excellent data interpretation, drawing of conclusions and proposals for further work.
- Ability to learn and use appropriate data management concepts and tools.
- Prior experience with high throughput technologies, automation, miniaturisation, statistics and/or programming is preferred.
- Sound understanding of microbial and/or CHO physiology.
- Aim to become technically expert in the operation of lab and pilot scale fermentation and cell culture processes, including the use of relevant operating control software.
- Aim to become technically expert in the operation of primary recovery processes such as periplasmic extraction, continuous centrifugation and filtration.
- Aim to become technically expert in analytical methods associated with analysis of cells and product (Cell viability, HPLC methods, plate-based colorimetric and fluorometric assays, affinity purification using TECAN, SDS PAGE).
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.