Scientific Communication Specialist
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Here at huumun, we believe in the power of the human touch in every technology.
We are one team of multi-disciplinary experts, specialising in UX, UI design, Scientific/Medical Communications, Data Analysis and Visualisation, project management and full-stack development.
Through close collaboration and agile methodologies, we create user centric digital experiences that empower users in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries.
We are now offering an exciting opportunity for a Scientific Communication Specialist to join our team.
If you are passionate about healthcare and the communication of science this could be the opportunity for you to join a growing digital company that shares your passion in this field.
In this exciting client facing role, you will review published and unpublished clinical study reports, in conjunction with the product strategy and messaging, to improve scientific communications and engagement for various therapeutic areas. You will be working closely with a multi-disciplinary team, including UX, data visualization and creative, to understand, analyse and craft effective and impactful digital communication solutions.
- With your background in science, you will be the subject matter expert for understanding our client’s study results, their product positioning and messaging, and for liaising with medical and commercial teams on the client side when discussing data presentation or scientific communications
- The communication and translation of your understanding of scientific contents and client’s requirements to a multi-disciplinary digital agency team and to collaborate effectively across the development cycle of digital solutions.
- Following discovery and analysis, you will create written and/or visual outputs and refine communication of scientific information/knowledge to meet end-user needs and support our client’s objectives
- Working with our client’s briefs and any existing content assets, you will edit and optimise copy and visuals to craft clear and compelling digital communication experiences
- You will ensure the accuracy of any content or clinical data and curate supporting references
- Depending on your design experience you will create digital assets to support the creative process (to a minimum of low-fidelity prototype)
- You will present and pitch ideas to our clients with a compelling communication strategy of your own
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- A Masters or PhD in Biomedical science, or equivalent experience
- Experience across a variety of therapeutic areas would be ideal
- Proficiencies in scientific communication and content creation and editing, with a minimum of 2 years in a relevant role
- An understanding of digital media production processes and of digital communication tools used within the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience of visual design software e.g. Illustrator, Sketch would be an advantage
- An understanding of what data visualization is and how it can be used to better explain data would be beneficial
Apply for Scientific Communication Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly