Associate Director, Strategic Development (Medical Devices)
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Premier Research helps highly innovative bio-pharmaceutical and medical device companies transform life-changing ideas into reality. We take on the most challenging areas of study, with a special focus on unmet needs in such areas as analgesia, CNS, rare diseases, medical device and diagnostics, and pediatric research.
Working at Premier Research means being an individual - you will be recognized for what you do and you will truly have an impact. You will be working in a friendly environment with colleagues who are genuinely supportive regardless of location or seniority.
Premier Research is on an exciting journey - there is a true buzz throughout the company, so come and be part of it!
We’re looking for a talented and energetic Associate Director, Strategic Development MD&D to join our team in South Korea! You will also take on responsibilities as a Country Manager as our presence in South Korea expands. This will be a home based and permanent role.
Experience in Medical Device is key for this role.
You'll be accountable for:
- Business Development and Practice Growth
- Key account management and development
- Building strategy for Korean Medical Device market
- Training and mentoring of Business Development resources
- Leading the Brand Build, Thought leadership and Supporting the Marketing Activities.
- Client Solution Build:
- Client Need assessment & building the solution Strategy and Budget.
- Coordinating with functional teams to develop optimal Solution.
- Leading the Bid Defense.
- Delivery Excellence and Support
- Quality Assurance SME Support to Korean team for Project Delivery
- Provide subject matter expertise to key internal stakeholders – TA Expertise, Functional Support, MFDS Support & Client Relationship/ Escalations.
- Provide focused training support to – PM, CRA, MW & Biostatistician.
- Support Medical Devices Operational team with Resource forecasting and selection per client delivery requirements.
- Financial Planning:
- Responsible for annual Revenue Plan and achievement.
- Revenue forecast and tracking, working closely with local Finance.
- Country Manager responsibilities
- Team Management as we continue to grow (there will be no immediate line management responsibilities)
You'll need this to be considered:
- Minimum of a graduate degree, in the biomedical sciences
- Strong knowledge of regulatory, scientific, technical and clinical expertise in conduct of clinical trials in the respective area of focus as demonstrated by past positions within Medical Devices in the CRO and Pharma/Biotech sector
- Experience in Medical Devices is mandatory
- Strong experience in the pharmaceutical or related industry in a project management, clinical research, data management, statistics or regulatory affairs capacity
- Experience in public speaking and able to represent Premier Research at conferences/round tables/symposiums
- Experience supporting Business Development activities
- Has a consultative communication and collaboration approach to the implementation of the project plan with the team and the customer
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal)
- Ability to lead a team at country level
- Willing to travel
- Willing to work home based