- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Our client is a successful independent full-service healthcare communications agency that is currently looking for an experienced Medical Editor to join their team in Cheshire or Oxfordshire.
In this role you will support the delivery of high quality medical education/communication materials whilst mentoring and training junior members of the editorial team. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of deliverables which include manuscripts, abstracts, posters, slide decks, training materials, etc., over a number of therapeutic areas. As an independent agency, you will also have a chance to work closely with the management team.
In addition to a competitive salary you can expect 25 days of holidays, and a benefits package that includes a discretionary bonus and more.
- Independent editing of projects to the highest standard
- Work with Medical Writers and other members of the team to improve the accuracy, clarity, readability, and functionality of the materials produced, and adhere to agency and industry guidelines
- Assist in the development of realistic project schedules
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Life science degree (BSc or MSc with a preference for pharmacology/pharmacy, medicine, or biomedical sciences)
- Previous experience of working as an editor in a medical communications agency
- Excellent copy editing and proofreading skills
- Experience of editing for scientific integrity as well as flow, syntax, grammar and spelling
- Ability to do mark ups in Word and Adobe
- Attention to detail
- Team worker
This is an excellent opportunity to join the company as they continue to expand which will lead to great career progression opportunities in the future.
For more information or to submit an application for this role, please contact Sabine Willms on 01932 797963 or via email.
ID Search & Selection has been successfully placing candidates in healthcare communications jobs for over 15 years. Along the way we’ve built many long term relationships with candidates and clients. We’re now trusted recruitment partners to many leading companies, big, small, network and independent.
Our consultants are knowledgeable and professional and will be happy to offer information and advice. We are with you every step of the way, providing a supportive and communicative service that we will tailor to your unique needs.
If you feel that this is not quite the role for you, but are looking for something similar, please feel free to reach out as we would be happy to have a chat.