Supervisor, Laboratory Management Team (LMT).
- Experience Level
Oxford BioMedica is a pioneer of gene and cell therapy and our work is helping to deliver life changing treatments.
Gene and cell therapy is the treatment of disease by the delivery of therapeutic DNA into a patient’s cells, providing long term and potentially curative treatments for a wide range of diseases. With the potential to transform medicine, the sector holds significant promise with the first commercial products now launched and others rapidly approaching the market
Our recent successes are driving significant growth. As such, we are looking for a Supervisor within our Laboratory Management Team. The purpose of this role is to coordinate the smooth operation of the laboratory suites, ensuring regulatory compliance of equipment, laboratory services, waste management, stock control and providing analytical support.
Key Duties & Responsibilities ;
- Accountable for the management activities with the team to ensure work procedures are being carried out in compliance with the company’s quality systems and procedures and statutory legislation.
- To ensure high service level to laboratory functional areas to meet the OXB commitments.
- Responsible for maintaining laboratory standards required by UK and European legislation.
- Ensuring WRC laboratories are maintained for audit readiness
- Maintenance and review of waste control within all WRC laboratories, coordination with Environmental coordinator
- Ensuring compliance with safe systems at work and procedures.
- Management of LMT Key Performance Indicators to ensure service level is maintained to WRC laboratory.
- Deputises for the Laboratory manager during absences.
- Maintenance of cell lines, media and key reagents/consumables.
- Maintenance of laboratory stock control for general consumables to WRC laboratories
Key skills and requirements:
- Degree in a science related subject or equivalent qualification or significant workplace experience.
- Excellent knowledge of GMP/GLP & pharmaceutical quality systems.
- Proven experience in an MHRA /FDA regulated laboratory environment.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholder expectations
- Previous experience in managing people.
We look forward to receiving your application
No agencies please