Scientist 2, Analytical Services Group
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Oxford BioMedica is a pioneer of gene and cell therapy and our work is helping to deliver life changing treatments.
Gene and cell therapy is the treatment of disease by the delivery of therapeutic DNA into a patient’s cells, providing long term and potentially curative treatments for a wide range of diseases. With the potential to transform medicine, the sector holds significant promise with the first commercial products now launched and others rapidly approaching the market.
Our recent successes are driving significant growth. we are looking to recruit a Scientist 2 within our Analytical Services Group. The purpose of this role is to perform and report laboratory-based assays, in accordance with GMP regulatory requirements, under the supervision of an experienced scientist.
For this position your key responsibilities will be:
- Perform assays for QC release and stability in accordance with GMP regulations.
- Report results in accordance with GMP regulations
- Carry out QC check of assays performed by other scientists
- Perform verification of control materials
- Complete quality records (QIs, deviations, CAPAs and change controls) under the supervision of an experienced scientist
- Assist with cleaning of ASG laboratories to maintain GMP compliance
- Assist with maintenance of ASG equipment to maintain GMP compliance
- Review and update SOPs and Forms under the supervision of an experienced scientist
The successful candidate for this position will have:
- Be educated to BSc level in a relevant discipline, or relevant experience working in a related environment
- Some laboratory technical experience; experience of cell culture, qPCR or ELISAs desirable but not essential
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Ability to work within GMP regulations and maintain compliance
- Attention to detail
- Good organisational and time management skills
Oxford BioMedica offers competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package which includes a generous holiday allowance, private health insurance and a pension plan. As well as nearby parking facilities and a friendly working environment, Oxford BioMedica offers you the opportunity to develop professionally whilst receiving the full support of your line manager.
This is a fantastic chance for an individual looking to expand their skills within a highly reputable pharmaceutical company. Our goal is to facilitate access to life changing treatments for patients with a variety of clinical indications, and in order to do so we are looking for highly skilled, committed and flexible team players.
At Oxford BioMedica, company values include ambition, recognition and innovation; enabling us to commit to solving unmet medical needs. If this sounds like the sort of environment that you would like to work in, then we would love to hear from you.
Please note that applications will only be reviewed once a CV has been attached and the Questionnaire has been completed.
No agencies please